01-14-11 02:17 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    If this has already been mentioned I apologize in advance. Where did the press release come from? Is it from the Verizon Website? Is this a valid source because I called a VZ rep and they haven't heard of this nor can he find anything on their site that validates the policy change.
    01-12-11 11:40 AM
    There's links in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 11:42 AM
    There's links in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The link takes you to "Android Central" and that's all. What site did the announcement originate from? Is this an announcement from Verizon or some kid that is good with computer graphics? Can this even be valid information? I'm just bringing up the question because I want solid evidence. (If this was answered somewhere and I missed it please be nice, ha)
    Last edited by imuphere; 01-12-11 at 12:11 PM.
    01-12-11 12:08 PM
    Lets drive current customers to other discount carriers, my only issue is if they sell junky products that wont last 20 months of a contract then what is verizon gonna do for me if they tell me nothing I would have to pay retail then I will have to down grade to a free phone with out email and data saving me a bundle then verizon will have to find another way to get profitable.A qoute from another web site about the loss of early upgrades "The longer you can get customers to go between upgrading their phones, the stronger the profitability for the carrier," as always its about profit with big red not customer satisfaction or selling reliablle products!!!!! well just remeber when verizon tells you to go scratch pay reatail its up to us to take back the profit they so desprately need!!!!
    01-12-11 06:30 PM
    At this point I'm feeling that this is a non issue and some kid made this rumor up. The NEW EVERY TWO and EARLY UPGRADE IS STILL ON. Phew, I'm relieved. Now if I've angered anyone please reply and give me facts so I can resolve this once and for all. I almost had a heart attack when I first read this thread.
    01-12-11 06:44 PM
    At this point I'm feeling that this is a non issue and some kid made this rumor up. The NEW EVERY TWO and EARLY UPGRADE IS STILL ON. Phew, I'm relieved. Now if I've angered anyone please reply and give me facts so I can resolve this once and for all. I almost had a heart attack when I first read this thread.
    Check the second bullet on the link below...

WSJ confirms our scoop that Verizon's changing its upgrade policy | Android Central
    01-13-11 10:00 AM
    I did miss that from WSJ, thank you. WSJ is obviously reputable but I'll be the devil's advocate and say that all the article provided as evidence is that "Verizon Officials have confirmed......", where's the hard evidence? Does anyone know if there's anything official on the VZ website yet? I keep calling in and none of the reps know what I'm talking about. It seems strange but not far fetched that it's 3 days from January 16th, 2011 and Verizon hasn't said a word (Or have they). Will they really just lay it out to all their loyal customers just like that with no warning or grace period? Maybe I'm being a little naive here

Btw, if you have an early renewal already do you lose those rights or is this for any new customers?
    01-13-11 10:31 AM
    I did miss that from WSJ, thank you. WSJ is obviously reputable but I'll be the devil's advocate and say that all the article provided as evidence is that "Verizon Officials have confirmed......", where's the hard evidence? Does anyone know if there's anything official on the VZ website yet? I keep calling in and none of the reps know what I'm talking about. It seems strange but not far fetched that it's 3 days from January 16th, 2011 and Verizon hasn't said a word (Or have they). Will they really just lay it out to all their loyal customers just like that with no warning or grace period? Maybe I'm being a little naive here

Btw, if you have an early renewal already do you lose those rights or is this for any new customers?
    the changes are only for new customers and new contracts after the specified date. existing contracts will not be changed.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-13-11 11:19 AM
    the changes are only for new customers and new contracts after the specified date. existing contracts will not be changed.
    Correct (assuming this is all real). But don't mistake this, once you use your NE2, you are now on a new contract. So for existing customers, you would have one more usage of NE2 and then that's it.

That being said, I too called a rep today (trying for the data discount again to no avail) and they knew nothing about the NE2 thing.
    01-13-11 11:44 AM
    this^ its the way its always been with contract changes, nothing new
    01-13-11 11:46 AM
    That's false.

Once you upgrade you're agreeing to the new terms. So existing customers WILL be affected by this once they upgrade to a new phone.

If you want a new phone every year without paying retail just buy used phones from ebay/craigslist or sign a one year contract.

I got my Torch for $220 on Ebay and just sim switch whenever I wanna change phones.
    01-13-11 11:47 AM
    Answers to FAQs

I searched verizon's website for NE2 and found the above link. Sooooo, according to the website, NE2 is still in existence (or read differently, there's no mention of it going away).

But it does also show the 20 months upgrade eligibility...

....You are eligible redeem your New Every Two benefit after fulfilling 20 months of your two year term.....
    01-13-11 11:50 AM
    That's false.

Once you upgrade you're agreeing to the new terms. So existing customers WILL be affected by this once they upgrade to a new phone.

If you want a new phone every year without paying retail just buy used phones from ebay/craigslist or sign a one year contract.

I got my Torch for $220 on Ebay and just sim switch whenever I wanna change phones.
    no what he said is correct, he said existing contracts, not customers. everyone signing up after the 16th will be on this new policy, before that date, the old system should apply
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-13-11 at 12:16 PM.
    01-13-11 12:13 PM
    Answers to FAQs

I searched verizon's website for NE2 and found the above link. Sooooo, according to the website, NE2 is still in existence (or read differently, there's no mention of it going away).

But it does also show the 20 months upgrade eligibility...
    right, its not jan 16th yet...
    01-13-11 12:15 PM
    +1 just confirmed this myself with CS. My NE2 isn't being dropped from my account. It's for new customers only.

Guess I can wait until 2/17 to take advantange of my NE2 discount on my droid
    01-13-11 12:17 PM
    +1 just confirmed this myself with CS. My NE2 isn't being dropped from my account. It's for new customers only.

Guess I can wait until 2/17 to take advantange of my NE2 discount on my droid
    According to the article I just read, existing customer will be able to use their NE2 ONE more time and then that's it.

Customers under contract before Jan. 16 will be grandfathered in and can use the credit one last time.
    Verizon quietly scraps "new every two" credit - Jan. 13, 2011
    01-14-11 02:01 PM
    According to the article I just read, existing customer will be able to use their NE2 ONE more time and then that's it.

Customers under contract before Jan. 16 will be grandfathered in and can use the credit one last time.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying the CSR I spoke with is right. But what I was told was those who have an account with VZW prior to 1/16/11 will continue to receive the NE2 discounts.

I never use my NE2 anyways, I usually move on to a new device every 6 months or so.

From the mouths of CSRs.....
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-14-11 at 02:13 PM.
    01-14-11 02:05 PM

right because once you use it you start a new contract that will not have the NE2 as part of it which is exactly what we are saying.
    01-14-11 02:09 PM
    I’ll be switching to one year contracts.
    I like annual upgrades that are going away.
    01-14-11 02:16 PM
    I just want people to know that once they sign the new contract they will be loosing the NE2. I think some may think they are grandfathered in even with a new contract because they are an exsisting customer.
    01-14-11 02:17 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD