I am thinking of going to the verizon storm I have a bb 8330 now does anybody have any recomindations
    05-27-09 08:18 PM
    I am thinking of going to the verizon storm I have a bb 8330 now does anybody have any recomindations

I think the storm is great for multimedia and if you do more things with multimedia IE web surfing listening to music etc then its a great phone.

Keep in mind not to push you off of purchasing a storm but the storm 2 is in the pipe and the tour is coming to verizon as well. yes there not available now but they will be.

It really comes down to what you use your phone for.

The big screen on the storm is fantastic and looks awesome great clarity.
    05-27-09 08:39 PM
    I tried the Storm for 4 months with the latest Verizon software and I'm a guy who likes to get what he wants to do on his phone done in a simple fashion. With the Storm everything was a process. Like to send a message, it took several more minutes to send a message than it did with let's say the 8330. Only because you have to make sure you click hard enough or the touch screen doesnt react the way you want it to, etc etc.

I went from a BB 8130 to the Storm back to a BB 8330 and thank G-D I'm happy. I don't think I'm a fan of touch screen in general. But I will be looking to get the 9630, I think you should wait for that to come out.
    05-27-09 10:43 PM
    I say only get the storm if you can do suretype... i cannot stand typing on it with the full qwerty... if you cant wait for the tour
    05-27-09 10:45 PM
    I had the Storm for six months and ran all the leaked os's and I can honestly say that after switching to the curve just one week ago their is not a single thing I miss from the storm.

Sure the bigger scree was great in the browser and for movies but honestly I never watched any. Oh and if you live somewhere with actual winter forget using your Storm all 5 of mine didn't work in temps 30 and below. The click would just freeze.

For me the curve does everything better, faster and is clearly the superior device. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 10:51 PM
    I had the Storm for six months and ran all the leaked os's and I can honestly say that after switching to the curve just one week ago their is not a single thing I miss from the storm.

Sure the bigger scree was great in the browser and for movies but honestly I never watched any. Oh and if you live somewhere with actual winter forget using your Storm all 5 of mine didn't work in temps 30 and below. The click would just freeze.

For me the curve does everything better, faster and is clearly the superior device. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I STRONGLY AGREE with this post

Used the Storm for about 6 months with all the leaks also. As soon as I went back and fiddled with the Curve, it was over. It grabbed me right back. Its so much more precise and crisp. So I bought me a Black Housing, Black Trackball and Black ring. Pretty much "Murderded" it out. LOL WTF, MURDERDED? hahhha
    05-28-09 10:38 AM
    I agree with the two previous posts.

I was with Sprint using a BB Curve 8330, and switched to VZW April 24th.
    I have always wanted to try the Storm ever since it came out, so i got a storm with VZW. I had fun with it, i loaded all sorts of leaked and hybrid OS's, hacked the crap out of it to my liking. The huge screen was cool, i liked the multimedia functions of it, and even got used to the screen/clicker thing.

May 22nd (the 28th day into owning the Storm), i decided to swap it out for a Curve 8330. You have 30 days to try out your new phone, and if you don't like it you can swap it out. I know this applies to new VZW subscribers, and as i understand, it applies with current VZW subscribers as well. It is when you get a new phone any time.

I am glad i switched back to the Curve. It has been a good reliable trusty BB. I miss the huge screen, and all of the memory, but i am glad to have the physical keyboard back, along with the trackball. I love being able to have 26 keys available for dialing shortcuts. I also like being able to type a name from the home screen and have my contact list pop up. The Curve is obviously a more simple BB, and seems more practical as a phone. Plus, SHAZAM works with the Curve, and i love that app!

I am not bashing the Storm. I am glad i tried it. I think it's a rad BB, and know the Storm2 will be even better. I am just attached to my Curve.

Anyway, the point i am making is:
    You have 30 days to play with the Storm, so have fun with it. If you end up not liking it, get your good old trusty Curve back!

~The End~
    Last edited by wryun; 05-28-09 at 11:07 AM.
    05-28-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD