I'm a current verizon customer. Been waiting for the 8330 to hit verizon for a quite a while now so that I can throw my razr under my truck while traveling down the freeway, but still not sure its the way to go for me. I have never used a blackberry before and while it seems like a great device the dataplan is whats holding me up.

Im wondering if after the "honeymoon" period with the phone if I'll even use the phone that much other than regular phone use. I've also been toying around with the idea of getting a refurb xv6700 to play with for a while until I can make a decision. Only I can't get a csr to confirm if I can activate a 6700 without a dataplan or not...

Anyone have advice for a possible n00berry user?

Thanks.
    05-02-08 10:05 AM
    It all depends on your needs, I don't know about 6700s, but if I were in your shoes I'd get a curve or a pearl and do the 30 day test drive and see where you're at. Just keep in mind once you get used to the features on BBs, it would sure be hard to go back to a dumbphone..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 10:18 AM
    Agreed, go with the 8330. At worst, it's a much, much better "phone" than the 6700. I had the 6700 years ago and while it's a pretty good pda, the phone part was horrible. Sound through the earpiece was always low even if the volume was 100% & the battery was marginal at best. And at least with the curve, the "honeymoon" period doesnt seem to fade. Hence the nickname, "crackberry." lol.
    05-02-08 01:42 PM
    Why would you even want to go as far back as a xv6700? Why not do a xv6800 if you don't want a Blackberry?
    05-02-08 04:53 PM
    Get the 8330. Even if you don't use it as much as you think you'll still appreciate everything that it can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 06:30 PM
    Have had a Verizon PPC 6700 for three or four years now and felt the need to get something different mainly because the phone portion is terrible.

Did the research, went to Verizon and cautiously bought the 8330 Blackberry.

Best phone purchase I've ever made. Wish that I had done it when they first came out. The phone portion of the pda is exceptional compared to the 6700.

Apps are quick to open and close, doesn't hang up. It just plain work well. It is so suited for people who need a PDA.
    07-24-08 04:40 PM
    I had a 6700, what a piece of junk!! If you don't mind hitting the reset every couple of hours or so, calling India, if you don't lock the keyboard, losing all your appointments once a week, and having a phone that weighs a ton, I say go ahead. However, if you want a phone that works - GET A BLACKBERRY, don't walk, run. And run away from the 6700
    07-24-08 04:57 PM
    If you want instability, go with the 6700. If you want stability, go with the Curve.
    07-24-08 05:00 PM
    See, I disagree with all the "XV6700 is unstable/crap" comments. I just let go of my 6700 after almost two years with it - it's a great phone, and one of the better WinMo phones available (at least on CDMA.) However, I did just let mine go and go with an 8330 and honestly couldn't have been happier with the choice - the Curve is a much better phone.
    07-25-08 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD