first off, I love this phone. The only thing that is annoying is I have the automatic dimmer off yet it still adjusts. I pulled the battery and turned it off again and nothing . I will not change the phone but it would be nice if I can turn it off. Any suggestions? thanks!
    05-15-08 06:44 PM
    anybody?
    05-15-08 07:44 PM
    Wow dude, give people some time to read it. Personally, I like the auto dimmer so I haven't looked into anything else. Sorry I can't help.
    05-15-08 08:58 PM
    I am having the same problem and I am on my second curve. I just thought I got a buggy one the first time around. However, some of the same things are happening with the second one.

I have done battery pulls and turned the dimmer on and off and it still flickers and does weird things.

Hope they find a fix to this soon
    05-15-08 10:06 PM
    I have submitted a trouble ticket to VZW with this... I will keep you posted what I find out.
    05-15-08 10:33 PM
    I have submitted a trouble ticket to VZW with this... I will keep you posted what I find out.
    Thanks for the heads up
    05-16-08 07:51 AM
    You might referring to the auto dimming caused by the light sensor in BBs. Nothing you can do about it.
    05-16-08 08:15 AM
    You might referring to the auto dimming caused by the light sensor in BBs. Nothing you can do about it.
    well i hate this...i want my screen at max brightness all the time...battery killer or not.

I too turned the dimming feature off..and it still goes ahead and does its thing when the lighting changes..
    05-29-08 09:10 AM
    i had no problems changing the dimmer setting so it doesnt dim. It must be your phones? lol
    05-29-08 09:57 AM
    You are talking about two separate features.

The dimmer option dims the screen after a period of time to below your selected brightness. This can be turned on and off.

The light sensor BOOSTS the brigtness above your selection so you can see it in direct sun or brighter rooms. This cannot be turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 12:29 PM
    Yeah this must be a valid bug in the OS...... On my 8130 it would be bright all the time, no matter where I was..
    05-29-08 01:04 PM
    I feel your pain. I too tried to explain... They told me to basically deal with it.

05-29-08 01:19 PM
    Ugh. Test it yourself.

Turn the brightness to 100 and put your finger over the status light. This is 100 brightness, the brightest you can set you screen. Now shine a penlight or something in the opening where the status light is and press a button. The screen is now brighter. There is no way to change this. This is how new blackberries work.

This is completely separate from the dimmer option.

I just confirmed all this on an 8130 with curent software. It is the same on the 8330.

05-29-08 01:28 PM
    I feel your pain. I too tried to explain... They told me to basically deal with it.

05-29-08 02:14 PM
    Well why the heck would they design something to work that way... Doesn't make sense... At all......

My 8130 never did this.......
    05-29-08 02:23 PM
    My 8130 always does this and it's perfect for me. I keep my screen at 10 but it's too dark in the sun. The sensor picks this up and I can see fine.
    My battery lasts 3-4 days of pretty heavy internet, email and text use.

05-29-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD