Empower DOES work with OS 4.5, there is a free upgrade if you already purchased it.
    11-01-08 09:27 AM
    Where does one get this upgrade. Inquiring minds want to know
    11-01-08 09:33 AM
    Where does one get this upgrade. Inquiring minds want to know
    I emailed them saying I upgraded and they sent me the link, can I post it here?
    11-01-08 09:39 AM
    Yes you can
    11-01-08 09:40 AM
    otagetempower.com

you have to do it from your BB, it will read your current OS and upgrade accordingly.
    11-01-08 09:46 AM
    Thanks I will do this as soon as I upgrade.
    11-01-08 10:21 AM
    If it's the same upgrade I downloaded a few weeks ago, then it still has issues with OS 4.5
    I have Empower Pro version 3.0.72.7
    It will work with version 4.5, as long as the Email does not contain an attachment. If the Email contains an attachment, you are unable to get the menu screen to come up....therefore you're unable to download the file. I heard that if the Email contains mutiple attachments, then you may be able to get around this issue.
    I purchased it when it was on sale back when I had OS 4.3. Perhaps they already knew it would have issues with 4.5
    Guess I threw away $9.99. Good thing I didn't purchase it for the currently retail price of $29.99
    Last edited by cdf3; 11-01-08 at 10:41 AM.
    11-01-08 10:37 AM
    If it's the same upgrade I downloaded a few weeks ago, then it still has issues with OS 4.5
    It will work with version 4.5, as long as the Email does not contain an attachment. If the Email contains an attachment, you are unable to get the menu screen to come up....therefore you're unable to download the file. I heard that if the Email contains mutiple attachments, then you may be able to get around this issue.
    I purchased it when it was on sale back when I had OS 4.3. Perhaps they already knew it would have issues with 4.5
    Guess I threw away $9.99. Good thing I didn't purchase it for the currently retail price of $29.99
    you mean like I did!!!!!
    11-01-08 10:46 AM
    That sucks---how can I turn empower off until they fix it so I can read attachements?
    11-01-08 11:18 AM
    Did you test it on your device to see if you are having the same problem?
    11-01-08 11:24 AM
    Did you test it on your device to see if you are having the same problem?
    Yep I did---I cannot open an attachment and no options will appear. Do you know how to turn it off so I can veiw attachements?
    11-01-08 11:25 AM
    The only thing I see as an option right now is in empower options>advanced options: set the default viewer to none. I thought I saw something a long time ago, but still looking
    11-01-08 11:45 AM
    Go to to you message box.
    Press the Menu Key.
    Empower Options > Advanced Options > Set As Default Viewer..... choose None

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 10:07 PM
    I have the same issue with not being able to view attachments. Hopefully there is an update in the works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 06:54 PM
    The real question is, do you really need empower after getting HTML email from an upgrade? What extra does this empower give you?
    11-04-08 06:56 PM
    The real question is, do you really need empower after getting HTML email from an upgrade? What extra does this empower give you?
    I do not know about the new HTML but I know you can customize the background and font of your emails with EMpower. Since I already paid for it I would still want it on 4.5 (if I EVER download that again)!!!!
    11-04-08 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the update. Will keep that in mind. Still pondering 4.5 and anyalizing the feed back from others.
    11-04-08 07:14 PM
    Thanks for the update. Will keep that in mind. Still pondering 4.5 and anyalizing the feed back from others.
    I was looking for you today--I am waiting for YOU to dl it and give me feedback!!!
    11-04-08 07:24 PM
    Well ah....See a MOD had same problem. I fully expect to. Question for you though. Do you have Prem version or basic version? I will assume premium, but have to ask
    11-04-08 07:26 PM
    Well ah....See a MOD had same problem. I fully expect to. Question for you though. Do you have Prem version or basic version? I will assume premium, but have to ask

I have the $29 version.
    11-04-08 07:28 PM
    Same here. TO be honest , I will be wating for the weekend to do the upgrade.
    11-04-08 07:30 PM
    Use the link provided earlier in the thread. Empower is now working and I can't believe I did not use it when I first bought the BB. html viewing is the way to go these days. Be well.
    11-05-08 06:27 AM
    I updated my OS to 4.5 and resent service books several times. I also updated Empower Pro. I do get HTML mail, but it is strange - it seems Empower is no longer active. I have Empower on the menu choices. Based on previous comments in this thread I have messed around with Advanced Options>Set as default> and chosen "none" to get the OS HTML mail to work right. But then when I go back and change the option to "All" it now seems that it is ignored - i.e. Empower is being overridden and not active - no formatting the way Empower looks on messages. I have also tried re-downloading OTA the current version of Empower and re-booted. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    11-06-08 09:06 AM
    I have similar issues with my VZW 8330. I updated to 4.5 (deleted vendor file) and Empower for 4.5 (don't have phone on me for version number). My basic emails come out formatted correctly with the background and font that I chose before. But I think emails with either attachments and/or HTML must be over-ridden by 4.5 because the background goes back to white. It doesn't bother me too much so I'll just wait for what I presume will be fixed with an update.
    11-16-08 09:46 PM
    I have empower and it now working okay. I got he lastest version which allows empower setting to be used with no attachment. If there is a an attachement it reverst to native HTML kinda nice actually. Version of empower I am using is 3.0.80.7

Per their support group, there is another fix in the works. The problem is that in EMPOWER, you canot do anything with attachments
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-16-08 at 09:57 PM.
    11-16-08 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD