I just purchased my first blackberry and have Verizon as a Service Provider. Looking at their area coverage map I am definately within their 3G coverage areas, however my phone does not show 3G next to the signal strength indicator like a lot of the pictures I have seen. My phone is currently showing 1XEV. Do I need to so something to activate 3G on the phone. This is probably a stupid question, but I have no idea. Thanks in advance for any help.
    10-18-09 12:53 PM
    1XEV is the same thing as 3G.
    10-18-09 12:58 PM
    Yeah, 1XEV is 3G, now I have heard Verizon is getting rid of the 1XEV and putting 3G now in newer updates/ phones because of customers getting confused with that just like you did.
    10-18-09 01:07 PM
    Yeah, 1XEV is 3G, now I have heard Verizon is getting rid of the 1XEV and putting 3G now in newer updates/ phones because of customers getting confused with that just like you did.
    actually verizon might be going back to the 1XEV instead of 3G
    10-18-09 06:30 PM
    I just purchased my first blackberry and have Verizon as a Service Provider. Looking at their area coverage map I am definately within their 3G coverage areas, however my phone does not show 3G next to the signal strength indicator like a lot of the pictures I have seen. My phone is currently showing 1XEV. Do I need to so something to activate 3G on the phone. This is probably a stupid question, but I have no idea. Thanks in advance for any help.
    It depends what OS you are running. The 3G symbol shows up in os 5.0 Builds
    10-18-09 06:31 PM
    It depends what OS you are running. The 3G symbol shows up in os 5.0 Builds
    And none of those builds are VZW or Sprint releases. First, we can say that nothing is set until the official release arrives. Second, we can say...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 06:52 PM
    And none of those builds are VZW or Sprint releases. First, we can say that nothing is set until the official release arrives. Second, we can say...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I want the App dang it! Oh Wait idoesn't
    10-18-09 06:57 PM
    seems to me this one has been talked to death maybe it should be a sticky. the 3G logo only shows up on gsm networks . when you are here in usa, (big) 1XEV = 3g.
    10-18-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD