03-04-10 10:10 AM
166 123 ...
tools
    Hi,

Just got my first blackberry, loving it so far.

Anyway I have searched the forums but just want to confirm because i am paranoid...

When I activated the phone, the vzw rep told me the $29.99 plan was for 10 MB. I didnt know differently and assumed I could change it later so I just said okay and left.

But I have been reading that the $29.99 plan is for unlimited data now. Is this correct, and does that mean there is no more 10MB plan, or what?

On my account page, it says I have the feature: EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY. There is no mention of a 10MB plan, as I read (in a post from months ago) showed up on someone elses. So is this is unlimited?

On the add features page i have the option of adding: BLACKBERRY 10MB W/BROADBAND $24.99/month and BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED BBA $44.99/month. I believe the unlimited BBA is for broadband or something else that i dont need. Is the $24.99 just a 10MB data plan?

Anyway it seems to me that this is a stupid question, but I just want to make sure because of what the rep told me. I was disappointed to see that youtube and viigo need unlimited data plans, thinking I didnt have that, so this would be great news.

Thanks
    07-10-08 03:14 PM
    Sweet and simple... the data plan is unlimited!
    07-10-08 03:19 PM
    The $29.99 is the BIS email & web (no corporate BES access allowed) unlimited.

Now, verizon defines unlimited as up to 5 gigs a month. But thats huge, even heavy users use up to 300 mb much less 5 gigs.

So no worries, you're on the right plan unless you plan on using your companys BES server.
    07-10-08 03:21 PM
    great! thank you

EDIT: right, im not using BES, and im sure i wont get near 5GB - thats perfect
    07-10-08 03:21 PM
    The $29.99 is the BIS email & web (no corporate BES access allowed) unlimited.

Now, verizon defines unlimited as up to 5 gigs a month. But thats huge, even heavy users use up to 300 mb much less 5 gigs.

So no worries, you're on the right plan unless you plan on using your companys BES server.
    The 5GB cap is only for tethering. The BES/BIS plans are not CAP'd.
    07-10-08 03:28 PM
    BIS is UNLIMITED. No doubt.
    07-10-08 03:37 PM
    You are all good. Go ahead and burn thru some data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 03:38 PM
    For that price, it better be unlimited Heck, it's only $19.95 on T-Mo... I might just have to go for it!
    07-10-08 03:48 PM
    Holy crap! This thread helped out so much. I got my Curve a few weeks ago and was paying the $40 data plan. The plan titles on VZW are misleading and made me think that the $24.99 a month was not unlimited. I quickly logged into VZW and saved some cash
    07-10-08 04:59 PM
    For that price, it better be unlimited Heck, it's only $19.95 on T-Mo... I might just have to go for it!
    Their plan is only 2/3 the price because it's 2/3 the speed and availability. Verizon offers quality, not price.

07-10-08 05:58 PM
    I wish Verizon would quit with selling their data plans as unlimited. They've already went to court once for it and had to officially state how much data you are actually allowed a month.

Your $30 plan is 5gb a month.
    07-10-08 08:26 PM
    Holy crap! This thread helped out so much. I got my Curve a few weeks ago and was paying the $40 data plan. The plan titles on VZW are misleading and made me think that the $24.99 a month was not unlimited. I quickly logged into VZW and saved some cash
    I may be wrong but I believe that the UNlimited plan is the one that is $29.95 while there is (was??) a limited TWENTY FOUR dollar plan that was LIMITED.

They don't make it easy or understandable.
    07-10-08 09:19 PM
    I sure hope it is or I may owe Verizon a lot of money.

07-10-08 09:23 PM
    I am confused now, so why am I paying $44.95? I have unlimited. So your saying I should only be paying $29.95?
    07-10-08 09:41 PM
    I just went online to my account to add/remove features. My options are:
    10MB with Broadband - $24.99 or
    Unlimited BBA - $44.99
    07-10-08 09:46 PM
    at those prices it better be unlimited 15/mo unlimited data at suncom! just hope t-mo keeps honoring that after the buy out
    07-10-08 09:51 PM
    Unlimited BBA - $44.99
    If you're using your BlackBerry on BIS and not using it to tether a laptop or anything I can't imagine why you'd have to pay 44.99 as opposed to 29.99 unless I'm missing something.

When I got mine they had me signed up for the 44.99 and like you I couldn't change it online (it wasn't an option). I went in store and asked for the 29.99 plan and I was kosher.
    07-10-08 10:34 PM
    This thread makes me fell soo much better I've been woring about getting a big a$$ bill. I got mine 3 weeks ago and wasn't confident about useing the web
    07-11-08 01:19 AM
    Unlimited BBA - $44.99
    Go into a store or call customer service to get the "Email and Web for Blackberry" option added.

The reason the $30 BIS plan isn't available for you to select online is probably because you're still on a America's Choice I or ACII plan. Customer service will be able to do it for you.

If you're on the new Nationwide plan, the option is available for you to select online.
    07-11-08 02:36 AM
    I am confused now, so why am I paying $44.95? I have unlimited. So your saying I should only be paying $29.95?
    If you're not using BES you should prob switch.

07-11-08 06:33 AM
    Unlimited BBA - $44.99
    BBA = BroadbandAccess Connect (aka tethering). You can add the BBA feature to the $29.99 unlimited BlackBerry plan for a total of $44.99 to allow tethering to a computer -- BBA (tethering) is, in fact, limited to 5 GB per month for new activations with $0.49/MB overage.
    07-11-08 07:17 AM
    If you're on the new Nationwide plan, the option is available for you to select online.

I am on the Nationwide plan, and the BIS $29.99 does NOT show on my online account as an option to choose, or an option I am paying for.

Verizon has 3 different data plans

BIS $29.99 for email and web unlimited (the 5G is for tethering)
    10MB for $24.99 for email and web
    BES $44.95 for corporate email and web.

When I went into get my BB, I asked for the BIS $29.99 plan and they put me on the 10MG plan. The person in the store had no clue about the BIS plan.

If you are still not sure you are on the unlimited data plan, when you log into my Verizon and click on the link to check your minutes, you can also check your data usage. If the bar is yellow, that means you don't have unlimited data, if the bar is clear then you have unlimited data and their will be a link to click on to show you how much data you have used to date.
    07-11-08 02:11 PM
    Go into a store or call customer service to get the "Email and Web for Blackberry" option added.

The reason the $30 BIS plan isn't available for you to select online is probably because you're still on a America's Choice I or ACII plan. Customer service will be able to do it for you.

Ahhhh that explains why I couldn't see it online. Thanks.
    07-11-08 03:07 PM
    To tether you need to add either a $30.00 or $15.00 BBA Connect charge. Basically you're using your phone like an air card, which costs $59.99. So if you're on the $29.99 plan, you need an additional $30 to tether. If you're on $44.99 plan you need the $15 to tether it as well.
    07-11-08 09:13 PM
    So I was looking at my account and wondered why I had the BBA unlimited plan. I thought I had the $29.00 plan. VZW did give me one month free on the data plan and so I decided to try the tethering. D/L the access manager, plugged in the berry and hit connect. then I turned off my wifi and I was surfing away at the speed of slow light. Then I got curious about my bill and googled the bba plan and here I am.

Apparently the new BBA plan allows tethering for BIS users as part of the plan. From what I can gather from vzw's website, it is "unlimited" with a cap of 5gb a month in regards to tethering and unlimited for email and mms and sms.

I can now carry my lappy with me where ever i want and surf at lunch or coffee or where ever..... I am a happy berry now.
    Just some back ground, I was a treo user that had to hack the dun, paid the same price i am now and got one of those letters from the corporate lawyers saying i was exceeding the limits of the plan.........
    07-19-08 12:46 AM
166 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD