07-27-13 09:39 PM
77 1234
tools
    And most of us who had a Storm got used to loading leaked OS's so that we didn't have to wait on Big Red.
    Ain't that the truth!!! I can't remember how many leaks I had loaded in its life span!
    07-07-13 05:11 PM
    I just wrote on their facebook wall asking those croooks when theyre updating to 10.1
    07-08-13 06:28 PM
    I just wrote on their facebook wall asking those croooks when theyre updating to 10.1
    I wish everybody would.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:10 PM
    So has it arrived or not???
    07-08-13 08:32 PM
    No and Verizon isn't saying anything.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 08:54 PM

Actually someone posted a screenshot elsewhere from an internal VZW app or page, which states that the update was "rescinded and delayed".

Yes, there is no published re-issue date, though Michael Clewley has stated that there would be some sort of back-story for this delay later.

Given that AT&T also pulled their update after they had already started rolling it out, my guess is that there was some sort of security issue identified that needed to be fixed in both of those builds before it could be released.
    07-08-13 09:05 PM
    Spoke with Verizon and BlackBerry today and the update was pulled due a text messaging issue. No date for a release out of either of them.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:28 PM
    I need that update!!! I still can't send email unless I'm on wifi!!!
    07-08-13 11:58 PM
    I need that update!!! I still can't send email unless I'm on wifi!!!
    Given that many people running the original VZW OS build (including myself) were not seeing any particular email sending issue only on WiFi links, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you that the 10.1 release would solve that.

More likely you have a different issue, ie you are using your carrier's SMTP relay and that typically won't work unless you are using the carrier's Internet link.
    07-09-13 02:30 AM
    Forget shipping, is the Q10 part of this update as well? I mean, haven't done an OS update on my BlackBerry yet other than what it came with (present OS). Are all OS updates for both devices or do they have different updates for each device(Z and Q)?

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-13 06:54 AM
    Forget shipping, is the Q10 part of this update as well? I mean, haven't done an OS update on my BlackBerry yet other than what it came with (present OS). Are all OS updates for both devices or do they have different updates for each device(Z and Q)?

Q10 and Z10 are on different OS versions. The Q10 was shipped with 10.1, while the Verizon Z10 users are still stuck back on 10.0.
    07-09-13 07:18 AM
    So this is only for the Z?

07-09-13 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10

Yet ATT is rolling out 10.1 as we speak.

Way to be last, again, Verizon.
    07-09-13 09:58 AM
    Yet ATT is rolling out 10.1 as we speak.

Way to be last, again, Verizon.
    Correction. Sprint is last!!!! I switched to VZW because of that. No Z/Q10 still and its July already! They weren't gonna stock the Z anyway but the Q10......... **** Em though!

Posted via Q10 from somewhere deep in the abyss that is the BlackDragon! -OOLONG
    07-09-13 11:35 AM
    Given that many people running the original VZW OS build (including myself) were not seeing any particular email sending issue only on WiFi links, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you that the 10.1 release would solve that.

More likely you have a different issue, ie you are using your carrier's SMTP relay and that typically won't work unless you are using the carrier's Internet link.
    I went down to Verizon and they set it up for me but still won't work (they're the ones that told me the issue will be fixed with the update )
    I don't know why it doesn't work...I used the same settings with my torch...
    07-09-13 12:04 PM
    Every time i see that this thread was updated '14 minutes ago' or recently i get very excited thinking that someone finally saw the update. Sadly though, it is never that.

Sent from my work PC because i am too busy repeatedly tapping the 'search for updates' button my my Z10.
    H_O_Boomaye and angieberry10 like this.
    07-09-13 12:21 PM
    I went down to Verizon and they set it up for me but still won't work (they're the ones that told me the issue will be fixed with the update )
    I don't know why it doesn't work...I used the same settings with my torch...
    You can't use the same settings as your Torch because that device sends email in a completely different way, using BIS.

Please review the following and PM me if you need clarification:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=777774
    07-09-13 12:35 PM
    So this is only for the Z?

I'm not for sure what the title update is referring to as only a user or 2 claimed to receive it. I just know that the OS releases for the Q and Z are different.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 01:28 PM
    Now I know there have been a number of posts stating that the update is out or will be coming out soon... I have been eagerly awaiting this update and continue to be frustrated with being built up only to be let down...

With that stated, a contact I have at BlackBerry stated to me that approximately 20k devices will receive the update this weekend and more will continue next week. As always, take the information with a grain of salt and hopefully this time the information is true.

I just wanted to share in the hopes that we, the Verizon Z10 customers, finally get the update we're desperately waiting for....

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:37 AM
    Now I know there have been a number of posts stating that the update is out or will be coming out soon... I have been eagerly awaiting this update and continue to be frustrated with being built up only to be let down...

With that stated, a contact I have at BlackBerry stated to me that approximately 20k devices will receive the update this weekend and more will continue next week. As always, take the information with a grain of salt and hopefully this time the information is true.

I just wanted to share in the hopes that we, the Verizon Z10 customers, finally get the update we're desperately waiting for....

I'll believe it when I see it.

Not to mention - Software release 10.1.0.2014 / OS version 10.1.0.2050 is already fairly old in BB10 OS terms. Some non-US carriers released OS version 10.1.0.2354 almost 2 months ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sed-nz-813413/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ermany-813352/

I sure hope VZW has updated their build since the original announcement. If they pulled the update due to bug(s), then I cannot imagine that they would not have bumped up the build / release version.
    07-24-13 04:56 PM
    Based on the thread below, which includes various comments/corroborations from people I believe to be credible, it does look like the update is imminent, looks like a bug uncovered in testing was responsible:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...friday-831778/

However, it does NOT look like it will be the "Summer Maintenance Release" that has been promised, ie something in the 10.1.0.4xxx OS version series, like the one I'm running on my device now.

It does appear to be bumped to a higher version than what was originally announced by VZW. Apparently the Software Release version will be 10.1.0.2039.
    07-24-13 07:01 PM
    According to another thread I read, the Verizon Z10 update is coming July 26th. I guess this guy has been having issues with his Z10 rebooting and he has been in contact with Verizon and BlackBerry and they told him the update is coming soon...
    07-24-13 10:03 PM
    @Omnitech staying "I'll believe it when I see it"....

Trust me. I'm with you.

Luckily, I've been using a demo Z10 with the updated OS for a couple of weeks, so missing the update on my current device hasn't been too painful.

Hopefully it does come out this weekend...

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:53 AM
    I got sick of waiting. Swallowed hard and loaded a leak. So far all good. Try it. I was very skeptical but so far so good. If I can do it, you can do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:55 AM
    is there any news on when it will be pushed?
    When you get a message with a bell icon saying BB 10.1 is available for download. If you are desperate, then you can keep checking for update.
    07-25-13 11:04 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD