Now that verizon and google are so clearly in bed with one another why is it that I am stuck with bing search on my blackberry. Bing is such a lousy search engine and I miss the days when I could simply hit goto and be ready to search
    08-10-10 10:12 PM
    Have you heard of the google search app? It's really cool. It has an icon on your main screen that you just click on and it takes you to a google search. Also, you might try adding Google to your favorites.
    08-10-10 10:30 PM
    What vatothe0 said. plus, if you want to get it off the main screen, create a new folder, call it verizon crap, load it with the crap verizon sticks on their phones, and then hide it.
    08-10-10 10:33 PM
    I have already created my verizon junk folder for all the stuff they push me that is use less. i just miss google search from the browser, I did download the google search app, this is just me complaining. lol
    08-10-10 10:41 PM
    08-10-10 10:55 PM
    Verizon and google may be the latest bed mates, but my understanding is that Microsnot paid Verizon quite a bit of money to get Bing in there. I wonder how long that contract is for though? I do agree that bing sucks azz, but not much we can do except put google in favs or something.
    08-11-10 12:52 AM
    Do you have Quicklaunch? If so, it has a "web search" feature and it uses Google.

So you hit your convenience key to fire up QL, select websearch, enter your search term(s) and hit return. Done.
    08-11-10 08:42 AM
    This dead horse needed another beating????
    08-11-10 08:49 AM
    Do you have Quicklaunch? If so, it has a "web search" feature and it uses Google.

So you hit your convenience key to fire up QL, select websearch, enter your search term(s) and hit return. Done.
    I have QL as well. It's a great alternative, but it's not the same as using the browser. Using QL, or any app with a search feature, will not allow you to go back to the previous viewed pages on your browser. In order to go back, you would have to pull up the history of your browser. Using QL will load the browser as if it's loaded for the first time. The cache for all previous pages will be lost.
    08-12-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD