This is actually the 2nd time going to VZW store because of the space bar issue with my BB Q10, first time it was super loose and was creaking left and right. And so i went in got a replacement, after opening and checking 5 different Q10's (The workers were gettig upset for taking to long and constantly asking for a different one) i found one that was better but this space bar had the dead/muted feeling and there was no clicking sound when i pressed it but i ended up taking it since that was the Best one they had. But after using it for a day and a half, now the button feels completely dead and u cnt even feel the click. So i went to another corp. VZW location hoping they might have a a q10 that has a solid keyboard.

This is where it gets fun, I walked in and was greeted by the manager, I told him my issue and he told me another sales rep will take care of me, so i told her the problem she compared it to the demo and she acknowledged that mine was defective and was willing to exchange it for a new one. So i was happy, but when we went to the computer and before she was going to ask for my account info. The Manager takes the phone out of her sales reps hands and walks to the demo unit compares it, and opens up a text message tries out my phone (space bar) and tells me he cant exchange it because there is nothing wrong with the phone since the space bar technically still works with a major attitude and looking at me like im an *****.

So this point im pretty upset because he denied my exchange and he told me all phones are little different, and every account is different. And I said to him "what does this have to do with accounts?" and he ignores my question and he said "my S3 is different from the one in store, that doesnt mean i can exchange it.." WTH?! really?! and continues to tell me he cant exchange it. And by this point all other reps walk away to avoid this situation. But at the same time this one black lady was talking to another sales rep about the q10 wonders what is going on asks me for my phone compares it and clearly says to the manager, there is something wrong with the phone. And the guys looks over at her and says I'm not talking to you or your account but this guy (Me) and at this point she is ticked off and tells him "I have 6 lines open here and i was going to upgrade my phone, and open two new lines and get q10. But if your the manager and I have to deal with you for a issue screw it! I will take my business some place else and walks out pissed off and tells me to call customer service."

After she walks out I just looked at him shook my head and said "way to go bro" and walked out. I called customer service, they told me they are sorry, and the kind lady took a detail report and told me she sent it to the upper ups at the corp. and at the same location to insure something will be done internally.

But now, I am left with a phone with semi broken space key. And on the verge of returning the phone and switching carrier, because all the corp. owned VZW store managers are bunch of uptight, power hungry A-holes. I really don't want to drive 15 miles to go into another location...Can I call Customer service and ask for a brand new replacement? Or should I return the phone....

Thank you
    06-22-13 07:47 PM
    There are idiots that work at every carrier. Verizon is no different. That doesn't mean you have to put up with that kind of treatment and you did exactly what you should have- reporting him. Go to a different store or call and speak to someone in the retention department at Verizon and maybe you will get better results. Good luck!
    06-22-13 08:25 PM
    But now, I am left with a phone with semi broken space key. And on the verge of returning the phone and switching carrier, because all the corp. owned VZW store managers are bunch of uptight, power hungry A-holes. I really don't want to drive 15 miles to go into another location...Can I call Customer service and ask for a brand new replacement? Or should I return the phone....
    Honestly do you think any carrier is any different? Do what you need to do to fix the problem, in all fairness maybe you should wait a day or so to chill before you go blowing a rant on VZW or any of their Customer Service people, you are wasting your time. Just call and seek a resolution, if they don't give you one, then by all means try a different carrier if you actually think any other carrier cares about you Spoiler alert: It's the same everywhere...

If you believe the space bar is not functioning then exchange it, call Customer Service if the store does not wish to help you. Beyond that I'm not sure there's anything any of can do... If you are somehow outside of their new phone replacement, then you may get a refurb one it all depends, you gave us a long rant with very little information to help you, like date of purchase, when the issue began, et cetera..., so all I can say is call who you need to call and sort it out, or don't... If you have information relevant to the issue we could give better suggestions if that's what your looking for...
    06-22-13 11:23 PM
    I got the phone this Wednesday, I was just upset at how he handled the situation, not very professional.

Thanks for reading though =)

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 12:41 AM
    I have a unlock t mobile and my space bar acts like that. I havent really noticed it alot when typing. Its not a huge deal for me. It'll grow on you
    06-23-13 12:46 AM
    It looks this will be another situation where it is Verizon's fault the space bars are bad on many Q10's. No one on here will ever blame BlackBerry for the constant irritations. It is probably not working since the Z10's are not getting the 10.1 update yet on Verizon. I would like to see the Crackberry chiefs jump on BlackBerry and Verizon with both feet and push them instead of giving political blogs and asking for our thoughts on all of the issues. I had problems with the 9650 and after having 6, I finally got a 9930 and it worked on Verizon. But everyone blamed Verizon when all my coworkers had the same problems and we were all on different carriers. Don't ever blame BlackBerry for quality or problems though. Just ranting. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:07 AM
    I wasn't blaming verizon for the space bar issue, but the overall customer service as a manager position he was in. And I know when you mass produce something there is small % defects that also gets produced as well. Except the reboot issue with Z10... that I blame BlackBerry.

Haha everyone needs to rant once in a while. =)

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 05:29 AM
    Haha everyone needs to rant once in a while. =)
    Haha ahhhhh okay, that makes more sense then lolz I thought there was a question in there, my bad party on then
    06-23-13 11:03 AM