Is the $14.99/month worth it for my phone (Storm) or should I just buy an Ipod Touch/Zune HD??
    09-19-09 08:12 AM
    Is the $14.99/month worth it for my phone (Storm) or should I just buy an Ipod Touch/Zune HD??
    I think it is. I like it because I listen to music while at work for hours at a time. Songs start to get old after awhile so it's nice to just come home and download new songs. You need your computer to get the songs, sadly there is no way of direct download to the bb. You can buy, you just can't add "subscription" songs from the bb. It's kind of nice because I can explore all kinds of music without buying it and hoping i'll like it. Stand-up comedy is in there too. All for free... well, and the $15/mo which gets tacked right on with your vzw bill.
    09-19-09 08:20 AM
    Have either of you tried Slacker Radio? You can cache stations to your memory card so you can still use it while out of data network. You can't specifically mix and match what you want to listen to, but there are stations based on genre (Classic Rock, Rock Hits, 70's Rock, Blues, etc.). You can even create your own custom stations based on artists you like (minimum 15, I don't think there is a max).

Sounds like it might have similar functionality? That is if I'm understanding Rhapsody. You also can "love" and "hate" artists or songs on Slacker to fine tune the prebuilt stations.

You should take a look if you haven't.

Pandora has a similar functionality but you can't cache to your memory card (so HAVE to have data) and I found they repeated songs a lot more.

P.S. You can also search for a specific song and Slacker will create a station based on that artist/song.

It really is cool...and might save you some money since basic subscription is FREE. It's supposed to have ads but I've found the Blackberry version does not (if I cache a station), however the Internet version does.
    Last edited by French; 09-19-09 at 08:44 AM.
    09-19-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the input. I have tried slacker radio, but lately it's not really working correctly on my Storm.
    09-20-09 05:00 PM
    I signed up for it when I got my Storm, but it was not cost effective for me, I end up listening to Slacker or Pandora (which I love!) and cancelled the Rhapsody monthly charge.
    09-23-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD