08-24-09 01:53 AM
63 123
tools
    wtf do they pay you for?

"oh, mr. customer, i'm sorry your phone doesn't work. that's life!!!!"

worst response ever
    I think the reps are all losing their minds, Patches - sorry, but I am beginning to understand that thought that customers come here & get abused. Even the high & mighty AM seems to have succumbed to the snarkiness.

But I was banned for something someone else did on their account. No notice, no warning - yet some of the rudest & unlnowledgeable people around get to stay. Go figure.

Maybe there is no hope for this site or the people on it. It is moderated by people who are biased (not you, Patches) & often arrogant & the members run in cliques - with many of the so-called VZW people out of control. If some of these reps did a tenth of what they did here at work, they'd be in the soup line downtown. It is not complimentary to the company or the good reps. A phone call to some folks I know at VZW might be in order.

And one last thing for the evening - hey Larrygump... take a close look at my writing style - compounded sentences, hyphens & ampersands - NOW try to tell me anyone else here writes the way I do. Troublemakers rate low in my book - want to accuse me of something, you'd better have more than just wishful thinking to back you up.

Goodnight all - I've had enough maladjusted personalities for one night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:08 PM
    I just read now on bgr that at&t is releasing visual voicemail for the bold and it said "this free service will be on the bold".
    08-23-09 04:28 PM
    Pamela,

I understand where you're coming from. However you may not realize this but the $2.99 you pay per month includes unlimited airtime for voicemail as well. Does YouMail and/or AT&T offer this? This means that when u use VVM there is no airtime incurred (which ive seen people use 100-200 minutes or more a month on voicemail).

There are other things you need to look at. We also offer more benefits than AT&T such as a more reliable network, more unlimited calling, and better customer service.

I hope that your feedback gets heard, because I agree that $10 for vcast when you're already paying for a data plan is a bit steep. However, Verizon Wireless has a business to run and giving away stuff for free doesn't work.

Also, AmericanMade, I've heard that you claim to be some Verizon executive who is going to get people fired because they're rude/immature to customers on here. I'm wondering why you post the way you post with your argumentative and immature posts.
    08-23-09 05:26 PM
    I believe in the business theory that if you throw in something extra or lower the price, the extra volume of customers will even you out and make you more money. (More new signups more phones sold). Tons of people have signed onto the Boost unlimited plan because of the price and I do believe eventually all these prepaid companies who offer unlimited calling and etc in some cases for low prices will eventually give the large carriers a run for their money, especially if they started releasing higher end phones. If I just wanted to use my phone for calls and Boost and Verizon offer the same quality network for me where I live I of course would pay $50 over $100. Now, small features such as free vvm and video service with your data package might seem prehaps insignificant, but if you have the average customer in a metro area where all 4 large carriers are the same or even two of them are, they compare the features, I know I would certainly choose the network that gave me more for my money if the coverage where I live is the same. Verizon certainly won't go out of business but they are going to lose trickles of customers that would have given them more growth and a slow leak can eventually tear a larger hole.
    08-23-09 05:46 PM
    I believe in the business theory that if you throw in something extra or lower the price, the extra volume of customers will even you out and make you more money. (More new signups more phones sold). Tons of people have signed onto the Boost unlimited plan because of the price and I do believe eventually all these prepaid companies who offer unlimited calling and etc in some cases for low prices will eventually give the large carriers a run for their money, especially if they started releasing higher end phones. If I just wanted to use my phone for calls and Boost and Verizon offer the same quality network for me where I live I of course would pay $50 over $100. Now, small features such as free vvm and video service with your data package might seem prehaps insignificant, but if you have the average customer in a metro area where all 4 large carriers are the same or even two of them are, they compare the features, I know I would certainly choose the network that gave me more for my money if the coverage where I live is the same. Verizon certainly won't go out of business but they are going to lose trickles of customers that would have given them more growth and a slow leak can eventually tear a larger hole.
    So why not go with ATT, TMo or Sprint? If you don't then your post is BS because your so called "business theory" doesn't hold since you didn't go with the business that gives the customer that "something extra" or lower price.
    08-23-09 08:12 PM
    So why not go with ATT, TMo or Sprint? If you don't then your post is BS because your so called "business theory" doesn't hold since you didn't go with the business that gives the customer that "something extra" or lower price.
    well this example/suggestion would hold true, if any other carrier supplied equivalant service at a remotely similar quality...but they don't, so to sacrifice service to save some bucks isn't that good of an idea, IMO anyway...

there is no benefit
    08-23-09 08:29 PM
    I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist
    silly mikey... LMAO!

Resistance is Futile!

Im just gonna wait and watch for a while...
    08-23-09 08:35 PM
    Because I am not in a position to change carriers at this point in time, that is why I'm trying to get Verizon to hear the customers and prehaps change things. Many people think the only way of doing things is paying an etf and changing carriers, if only politics were that simple. Btw do you work for Verizon? Why else would you defend paying more money for the same service?
    08-23-09 09:29 PM
    Because I am not in a position to change carriers at this point in time, that is why I'm trying to get Verizon to hear the customers and prehaps change things. Many people think the only way of doing things is paying an etf and changing carriers, if only politics were that simple. Btw do you work for Verizon? Why else would you defend paying more money for the same service?
    no, people that have no productive solution or logical thinking processes for problems just say "change carriers/get another phone" as the quick fix...the issue remains that EVERY carrier has some issue like this...and like i said before, you'd be sacrificing quality to save a few bucks.

IMO the U.S. needs to get their wireless providers arranged more like it is in europe or asia...the open source, common networks, etc. i think that phones should be handled by the manufacturers, and the service by the carriers. i appreciate how carriers try to offer the "one stop shop" but i think as the devices become more advanced, their ability to fully support the device in a fashion that is in the customer's best interest....consider the storm. what if RIM handled software releases, not the carrier? we'd be on 5.0 already...and all of this would go way faster, and way smoother

then the carriers can "offer" their own apps/features (much like they're starting to do more and more)

that would save us a lot of the problems with these carriers and devices...a bit off topic, but generally comes back to the point that the carrier has us by the....shoestrings...and as long as it's organized the way it is now, there is not much we can do to empower ourselves or change things...
    08-23-09 09:39 PM
    no, people that have no productive solution or logical thinking processes for problems just say "change carriers/get another phone" as the quick fix...the issue remains that EVERY carrier has some issue like this...and like i said before, you'd be sacrificing quality to save a few bucks.

IMO the U.S. needs to get their wireless providers arranged more like it is in europe or asia...the open source, common networks, etc. i think that phones should be handled by the manufacturers, and the service by the carriers. i appreciate how carriers try to offer the "one stop shop" but i think as the devices become more advanced, their ability to fully support the device in a fashion that is in the customer's best interest....consider the storm. what if RIM handled software releases, not the carrier? we'd be on 5.0 already...and all of this would go way faster, and way smoother

then the carriers can "offer" their own apps/features (much like they're starting to do more and more)

that would save us a lot of the problems with these carriers and devices...a bit off topic, but generally comes back to the point that the carrier has us by the....shoestrings...and as long as it's organized the way it is now, there is not much we can do to empower ourselves or change things...
    I totally agree with you that the phone manufacturers should have the controls over the phone. Get the software fixes we need and stop the carriers from choosing what preinstalled applications the phone is allowed to have such as when the carriers "hide/delete" the youtube app on the phone etc.

I don't know, I mean the whole start of the post was me being po'd but I mean if the customers complain it's better than no one saying a thing. If people really thought complaining didn't work there wouldn't be protests or editorials ya know?
    08-23-09 10:27 PM
    the biggest problem with this is it takes the carriers away from any customer service assistance on the phones. Since they don't provide the phones, there is zero incentive to even work with you if you have a phone issue.

Your cable company doesn't give you credit for unused time when your TV goes out or your computer fritzes - yet many have contracts tied to special pricing., so you couldn't suspend service while your equipment was being repaired. No contract? No problem - just cancel the service - but you'll pay a reconnect fee to reinstate. With telephone, you may not even get the same number again.

The manufacturers would have no incentive to get you fixed up quickly, because they don't get monthly revenue from you.

So here you'd sit - with service that probably has words in the TOS telling you your carrier is not responsible for anything if your phone quits under warranty & the manufacturer telling you to send your phone back & they will repair or replace it - and it ciould take 6-8 weeks to get your phone back to you.

VZW will be opening their network soon, so you will be able to bring your own - but if that phone quits, you'd better be ready to fork out the bucks to get another phone quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 12:06 AM
    I am just a customer. I like the service I get from VZW. All my interactions with VZW reps, other on this board, have always ended with me being satisfied. I don't mind paying a little for good service. I don't have vvm. I don't "defend" paying more for the same service, I merely point out that people pissandmoan about a bunch of stuff on this forum with no real hope of changing anything. If you want to change something you have to complain to the carrier.
    If I go to a restaurant and the service is bad or I see something charged to me that I didn't order I tell the manager, I don't write a letter to the editor. If I go back and the problem isn't fixed I take my business elsewhere.
    08-24-09 12:20 AM
    The manufacturers would have no incentive to get you fixed up quickly, because they don't get monthly revenue from you.
    Not to mention you'd probably have to call some foreign guy with a very heavy (non-english) accent.

There's a reason they say the grass is always greener in somebody else's yard. What people really need to start looking at is the advantages/disadvantages of their current situation. People may not find the carriers here to have as much "freedom" as they do in Europe, but European carriers and a lack of standardization have problems all their own. Not to mention they give you the same contracts everybody else does.

You win some, you lose some.
    08-24-09 01:53 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD