I recently got a Tour, a few weeks ago. I noticed that within the past few days, there have been random apps on my phone, namely Slacker Radio, My Verizon, Social Beat in my Applications folder. Is verizon just pushing these apps to my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 02:11 PM
    They are just links to download the apps. Create a trash folder to put them in and hide it if you don't want them...

03-28-10 02:17 PM
    Verizon is pushing these app loaders to your phone. It's futile to delete them; Verizon will push them back the next time they push Service Books. Fortunately the app loaders are rather small and don't waste too much of your memory. As the preceding poster stated, just hide them.
    03-28-10 02:29 PM
    Sucks you can't delete them. Create a new folder and hide them of you don't want them.

03-28-10 02:33 PM
    03-28-10 03:56 PM
    Much ado about nothing. ;0

I haven't thought about the BING app since I hid it the first day it was pushed.

Done and done.
    03-28-10 04:15 PM
    I've gotten some of those apps like slacker, skype, myvzw and facebook. But others are useless. I just put them in a folder and hide that folder. It's nothing more then bookmarks with icons.
    03-28-10 07:07 PM
    Myverizon is actually useful. It shows you your usage incase you're ever curious. Probably the only pushed app I've used.

03-28-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD