09-14-08 05:09 PM
34 12
tools
    http://www.phonescoop.com/wml/news_item.php?id=3354

Yay! Full episodes of The Office! Great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 07:02 PM
    Uh. Vcast is not available on any blackberry device.

09-09-08 07:05 PM
    It will be soon. Read the link. That is the point of this thread!

V Cast Video content will be available on smart phones INCLUDING Blackberry. Watch for it.

i liked V Cast on my EnV so i'm excited!

Last edited by chrisy520; 11-26-08 at 11:26 AM.
    09-09-08 07:13 PM
    Uh. Vcast is not available on any blackberry device.

Yep it s coming according to phonescoop.com. So glad that they found out about it before the employees.
    09-09-08 08:03 PM
    I rather make my own video's I don't like the service Verizon pushes out for their multimedia..... Blah... No thanks.

But if you have read most tech news, most consumers are going with smart phones and Verizon has to make that addition(become Compatible) and still charge more and more....

I have other sources for videos as well and they are more recent and free....
    09-09-08 08:09 PM
    Hey by the plus side of things. Maybe in order for your BB to do this, it might need 4.5! maybe it is closer than we think
    09-09-08 08:14 PM
    I rather make my own video's I don't like the service Verizon pushes out for their multimedia..... Blah... No thanks.

But if you have read most tech news, most consumers are going with smart phones and Verizon has to make that addition(become Compatible) and still charge more and more....

I have other sources for videos as well and they are more recent and free....
    what do you use? I'm not a big fan of VCast either.
    09-10-08 12:21 AM
    Vcast is now working, m.vcast.com and is FREE...
    09-10-08 12:43 AM
    Uh. It will be soon. Read the link. That is the point of this thread!

V Cast Video content will be available on smart phones INCLUDING Blackberry. Watch for it.

i liked V Cast on my EnV so i'm excited!

Vcast is a pay service through vzw. Why would I want it on my blackberry when there are so many free alternatives??

09-10-08 12:44 AM
    It's free jenay, on blackberry.

Some may want to access v cast via their bb's.

i liked watching full episodes of The Office on V Cast and that's why i'm excited. i've posted asking if there was any way to watch full episodes and no one knew of an alternative. If you have one (that doesn't use a pc and can be used on the bb like vcast) please let me know.

It's neat to be able to get breaking news videos on your phone! That is a handy mobile feature for those of us that travel often and want to stay updated.

It was just launched and content is being added.

Last edited by chrisy520; 11-26-08 at 11:26 AM.
    09-10-08 06:46 AM
    what do you use? I'm not a big fan of VCast either.
    I record and convert my own stuff, and for ringtones, what ever i want to use I copy on over
    09-10-08 08:33 AM
    I'm going ot m.vcast.com and I cant get the site to load?
    09-12-08 04:23 PM
    I'm going ot m.vcast.com and I cant get the site to load?
    make sure you're taking out the www first: HTTP:/ m.vcast.com

(i left out one / so it would print out).

V*CAST
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-12-08 at 04:48 PM.
    09-12-08 04:45 PM
    Myxertones works just fine. They can keep their vcast I want the get it now apps.

09-12-08 05:30 PM
    Myxertones works just fine. They can keep their vcast I want the get it now apps.

which GIN now apps would you like?
    09-12-08 05:32 PM
    I really just want backup assistant. All the apps I've found for bb cost $$ and backup assistant is free and works great if you ask me.

09-12-08 06:08 PM
    I really just want backup assistant. All the apps I've found for bb cost $$ and backup assistant is free and works great if you ask me.

Yes, i'd like to have BA as well!

09-12-08 07:02 PM
    so verizon says this is not compatible with my 8330....and i DO have the 29.99 package for web and email? any tricks?
    I click home and it says i need to update my data services. then it says continue.....and the continue button is a link to 611. wtf.....i can only view the "whats hot" stuff...which is lame
    Last edited by Ub3RdoRK; 09-12-08 at 10:55 PM.
    09-12-08 10:50 PM
    VZW is correct- Vcast is not yet ready to work on Blackberries yet. Per Phone Scoop, they got info that it will be coming.
    09-13-08 09:45 AM
    VZW is correct- Vcast is not yet ready to work on Blackberries yet. Per Phone Scoop, they got info that it will be coming.
    that's strange. it's working on my 8330. i can view news clips, tv clips, etc. i'm sure it's still being worked on though!
    09-13-08 09:52 AM
    Interesting, you maybe right they have have it turned on in test areas. I know when they were testing mobile TV that my city was in the test area, before it went live
    09-13-08 10:07 AM
    Interesting, you maybe right they have have it turned on in test areas. I know when they were testing mobile TV that my city was in the test area, before it went live
    good point. i don't see listing for full tv episodes either. but hopefully soon!
    09-13-08 10:11 AM
    Sorry if I stated something not meant for BB. Testing for mobile TV was on the voyager and other VZW capable phones at the time.
    09-13-08 10:39 AM
    Sorry if I stated something not meant for BB. Testing for mobile TV was on the voyager and other VZW capable phones at the time.
    yes, i knew what you meant!

on v-cast (at least on my old env) not only could you watch clips but you could watch full episodes of certain tv shows. not live tv but the downloaded clips. it was actually a nice feature and i miss it. no commercials. the only thing that was sort of a pain was that the full episode tv shows were broken up into several (4-6) clips that were about 6-8 minutes!

i used to watch full episodes of the office and ghost hunters on v-cast!
    09-13-08 10:54 AM
    I can go to the site and click on a video, but it doesn't play. Says something about an error. I bookmarked the site so will try again later or another day.
    09-13-08 10:55 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD