has anyone had the problem of the hands-free speaker coming on when you press the "send" key to answer a call? i am sure this is a bug with the v4.5 upgrade, because it did not happen with the v4.3 (well this could be a one-off and i have been the only person to experience this issue).

if not, then could someone help me try to solve the problem or point me in the right direction.

thanks so much
    12-30-08 05:54 PM
    I have had this problem with 4.1 and 4.5

Minor annoyance so I have never looked into getting it fixed but I would curious if there is one available.
    12-30-08 07:01 PM
    This has been an ongoing bug ever since the first 4.5 betas. I thought the .89 OS fixed this though. Guess not. I am running .77 and the same thing happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 10:57 PM
    There's a whole thread on this in the Curve 83xx forum :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...-blast-118966/
    12-31-08 06:50 AM
    The same bug causes the caller on the other end to hear a very loud strange noise also....it drives everyone who calls me CRAZY. I have no idea what the sound is, but everyone who hears it says "what the he** was that noise?"!
    12-31-08 08:04 AM
    Someday, I'd like to hear this bug. I hear all about it on various forums but have never had it happen with any of my Berry units - all are OS4.5, too.

12-31-08 10:16 AM
    VZW CS stated on 12/31 that RIM is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

No resolution is available at this time.

Still puzzled why everyone thinks these devices are so great, I would call it yet another so so PDA phone.

Email reconcile - terrible
    Cable sync - so so
    BES - to much money
    Media - terrible not nearly enough compatibility (WMV, AVI, etc. etc.)
    GPS - Ahh never mind
    Startup - WOW the gerbils run forever before it starts

On the good side it does not seem to act as goofy as some of the winmo devices I have had. The last one being the MotoQ9M - yikes
    12-31-08 01:29 PM

has anyone had the problem of the hands-free speaker coming on when you press the "send" key to answer a call? i am sure this is a bug with the v4.5 upgrade, because it did not happen with the v4.3 (well this could be a one-off and i have been the only person to experience this issue).

if not, then could someone help me try to solve the problem or point me in the right direction.

thanks so much
    Hi-im new 2 bb I got my curve from vzw on dec12 and yea my burr does the same thing-guess its a glitch in the ph but it doesn't "bug" me much-lol. Still luv my burrr....hope it put u at ease that ur ph isn't the only one doin it!
    $helli

12-31-08 01:50 PM
    Hi! Yep I have the same thing on my burr wen u answr it goes 2speakr for a second or 2. I figure its a glitch w/the phone but it doesn't "bug" me much-lol. Hope this helpd knowin ur bur isn't the only 1 2do that!

12-31-08 01:52 PM
    Mine does this as well. Makes it interesting lol

12-31-08 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD