I have a pearl 8130 and just upgraded to v 4.5.0 (verizon) yesterday. I use a "today" screen supplied by verizon. Now the calendar portion of my today screen is malfunctioning. It hung up on 3 dates from aug 08 (birthdays) and wouldn't show any current appts. I deleted those recurring reminders, but no other appts I have set in the future show up on the today screen, unless I re-enter them by hand. And the birthdays in august re-appear on the today screen when I re-enter them, too.

Anyone...anyone...??? Please help! I love(d) my blackberry calendar!!
    12-15-08 10:49 PM
    I'm having a similar issue after upgrading to 4.5. My today theme used to show my next three appointments under "Calendar" on my home screen. After upgrading to 4.5, it doesn't show anything. How do I get my appointments to appear on my home screen like they used to?
    12-16-08 01:08 PM
    I have a pearl 8130 and just upgraded to v 4.5.0 (verizon) yesterday. I use a "today" screen supplied by verizon. Now the calendar portion of my today screen is malfunctioning. It hung up on 3 dates from aug 08 (birthdays) and wouldn't show any current appts. I deleted those recurring reminders, but no other appts I have set in the future show up on the today screen, unless I re-enter them by hand. And the birthdays in august re-appear on the today screen when I re-enter them, too.

Anyone...anyone...??? Please help! I love(d) my blackberry calendar!!
    I dont' know if this is a 4.5 issue, but it will only display the appts you have set using the "default calendar" . Go to advanced options and default services. make sure that you are creating appts using the default calendar (CICAL) under default services. If you choose a different address when setting the appt, the color on the calendar will be different and it won't show up in the today screen. Like I said, I dont' know if this is a 4.5 issue or just a today theme issue.
    12-16-08 01:34 PM
    I've been having the same issue. I did notice that 4.5 set all of my calendar appointments to "Default Calendar." I wasn't able to switch them to another identity, such as my Gmail account. I deleted the appointments and reset them using another identity (my Gmail account), and everything showed up like normal on my Today+ theme.

So that's it. The only alternative I found was to set the appointments with something other than "Default Calendar."
    12-16-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD