Is it possible to use a vzw sim card in a unlocked tmobile phone?
    Last edited by kingbee8; 07-15-09 at 03:50 PM.
    07-15-09 03:44 PM
    VZW doesnt have sim cards.
    07-15-09 03:46 PM
    VZW doesnt have sim cards.
    if u look in the back of your storm you'll see it and im holding 1 in my hand
    07-15-09 03:49 PM
    Its for accessing the vodaphone network. Not the verizon network.
    07-15-09 03:55 PM
    so y if i take it out my tour i dont have service?
    07-15-09 03:57 PM
    I dont have a sim in my storm, took it out long ago... never have no service. your tour is using CDMA service if you are in the states, not GSM. You phone is connected to the verizon network by the ESN of the device, not the sim card number
    07-15-09 04:00 PM
    not that i'm an expert by any means, but t-mobile is solely a GSM network and VZW is solely a CDMA network. VZW only has phones that have SIM cards in them for use in areas where there is absolutely NO CDMA network available i.e., France. Alltel's BB 8830 (just an example phone) that was released years ago was a "world phone" and subsequently had a SIM card inside it that was virtually useless unless you traveled abroad. although it is slightly inaccurate to say, these so called "world phones" on cdma networks like verizon are capable on both networks (only there is no reason for cdma phones to access gsm in the u.s. as there are no areas where gsm has coverage that cdma does not) and the reason that your old unlocked t-mobile phone has no service when there is not a sim card inserted is simply because it only possesses GSM technology and has no capability for recognizing VZW's or any other CDMA network, period. removing the SIM card from a verizon phone makes no difference until you travel to a country that does not use cdma technology. why in the world you would need to remove the sim card from a cdma phone is beyond me since, although you do not use it on your home network, without it your phone is useless if you travel to mexico or canada.

if you are thinking of moving from t-mobile to verizon and hoping to not have to get a new phone, you are going to be sorely disappointed because t-mobile's technology will not work with verizon, alltel, sprint or any other cdma carrier on the planet, period.
    07-17-09 02:26 PM
    not that i'm an expert by any means, but t-mobile is solely a GSM network and VZW is solely a CDMA network. VZW only has phones that have SIM cards in them for use in areas where there is absolutely NO CDMA network available i.e., France. Alltel's BB 8830 (just an example phone) that was released years ago was a "world phone" and subsequently had a SIM card inside it that was virtually useless unless you traveled abroad. although it is slightly inaccurate to say, these so called "world phones" on cdma networks like verizon are capable on both networks (only there is no reason for cdma phones to access gsm in the u.s. as there are no areas where gsm has coverage that cdma does not) and the reason that your old unlocked t-mobile phone has no service when there is not a sim card inserted is simply because it only possesses GSM technology and has no capability for recognizing VZW's or any other CDMA network, period. removing the SIM card from a verizon phone makes no difference until you travel to a country that does not use cdma technology. why in the world you would need to remove the sim card from a cdma phone is beyond me since, although you do not use it on your home network, without it your phone is useless if you travel to mexico or canada.

if you are thinking of moving from t-mobile to verizon and hoping to not have to get a new phone, you are going to be sorely disappointed because t-mobile's technology will not work with verizon, alltel, sprint or any other cdma carrier on the planet, period.
    Sounds right to me
    07-17-09 02:40 PM
    so y if i take it out my tour i dont have service?
    This is incorrect. Your Tour will have service if you take out the SIM card, so long as you are in the US or anywhere with CDMA service.
    07-17-09 03:15 PM
    Nope Not In Usa
    07-17-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD