We'll be in Canada for 3 weeks (Niagara Falls to Newfoundland) and I wonder if it's cost-effective to be able to use (or IF I can use it) VZ Navigator in those areas IF I NEED IT.

I know I need to turn the BB off for most of the time we're there, but I'd like guidance in how to use the features if/when I need them.

I have Verizon.
    Thanks.
    07-28-09 07:50 AM
    You probably need a good estimate of how much data Navigator will use since it might otherwise provide you with a shocking bill.

You might check into the Global data/phone plan. While in Europe I used about 13,000kb of data over three weeks. If I had not had the Global plan I would have paid over $350.00 for data. The Global plan is $65 (or 69) for a month and it replaces your BIS (so you get a refund of that cost)
    07-28-09 06:34 PM
    We have a global VZNav for $19.99/month and that includes data usage in canada.
    07-28-09 06:42 PM
    Yup and the only difference between the global VZNav and regular is the global does not give you audible turn by turn directions.
    07-28-09 07:24 PM
    Yup and the only difference between the global VZNav and regular is the global does not give you audible turn by turn directions.
    It does in this part (BC/YT) of Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 07:27 PM
    Another option is an offline GPS solution like GPSLogger. A far cry from the information you get from VZNav (no maps, no turn-by-turn) but it gives you a good way know if you're getting closer to your hotel which may be enough. Since I tend to walk most places when on holiday this can really save on the data services costs.
    07-28-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD