Alltel doesn't have the pink Curve I want, but Verizon does. I was wondering if I bought it offline and took it to Alltel would they be able to activate it for me? I know they are both of the CDMA service or whatever, but would it function properly on Alltel instead of Verizon?
    07-03-09 06:50 PM
    I would not - Alltel is VZW unless you are in area being sold off. I doubt they would enter the ESN their system anyway. So bottom line I would say no
    07-03-09 08:40 PM
    I activated a Storm on Alltel several months ago with no problems. Unless they've changed recently you shouldn't have any problems activating a VZ bb.

Keep in mind it will be difficult to get all features working on a non alltel bb. Its possible but involves hacking and editing some things in the service programming.
    07-03-09 11:50 PM
    Sprke81: how did you get ur storm activated? Alltel refused to do it for me.
    07-04-09 02:37 PM
    Now that I think about it, it took 2 calls to find a rep that would do it for me, they may have tightened up in that area lately I don't know.
    07-04-09 06:28 PM
    unless things have changed alltel will activate any esn that isnt being held on a bad alltel account, just tell them its a alltel branded curve.
    07-05-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD