I feel like this is hugely unknown or something, because I seriously can't find any concrete or consistent information on here. (If I am totally blind and there is an actual answer to this, please flame on, but I really can't find anything ). But here's a quick review of my question, and what I think the answer is -- if anyone sees a flaw, please correct me!

I live in the US, and I'm in the UK for the summer. I have the Blackberry Tour, and got it unlocked before I left, without upgrading to the international data plan. Currently it is just a clock for me; I turned off all data and phone signal.

I'm planning on purchasing a 3 Mobile SIM, they have a few options, but I'm looking at the Unlimited (1GB, in truth) Internet SIM option, figuring that will give me access again to retrieving email as necessary, and using BBM.

Will there be any problems with this? Something I need to watch out for? Something I'm missing completely? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Cow
    06-28-10 06:53 PM
    There's no problem doing it. But if you want BlackBerry data features such as push email and BBM, then the SIM card would need to include a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN and not just a generic internet data plan.

You may also need to release your PIN from your Verizon BIS in order to activate your PIN on a different BIS.
    06-28-10 06:56 PM
    There's no problem doing it. But if you want BlackBerry data features such as push email and BBM, then the SIM card would need to include a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN and not just a generic internet data plan.

You may also need to release your PIN from your Verizon BIS in order to activate your PIN on a different BIS.
    That makes sense, needing an actual blackberry data plan.

What does releasing my pin entail? I don't want to have any long term issues when I "go back to normal," returning to the states at the end of August.

(thanks for your speedy reply btw! )

-Cow
    06-28-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD