Hi
    I just received my blackberry storm2 that was purchased online with another siblings upgrade at their approval and I wanted to use the phone on my line. I was under the impression that I would just have to activate my phone with the ESN on the new phone but Verizon told me that the phone on the line I am trying to activate has to be activated with the new phone first. That person is away right now so it would be impossible to do it for several days. Is there a simpler way to do this without having that persons phone in my hand? Thanks
    11-30-09 04:14 PM
    Hi
    I just received my blackberry storm2 that was purchased online with another siblings upgrade at their approval and I wanted to use the phone on my line. I was under the impression that I would just have to activate my phone with the ESN on the new phone but Verizon told me that the phone on the line I am trying to activate has to be activated with the new phone first. That person is away right now so it would be impossible to do it for several days. Is there a simpler way to do this without having that persons phone in my hand? Thanks
    Tell the person who has that line that you will need them to be without a phone for about 10-15 min. Or just do it during the night when they aren't going to be using it.

Activate the new phone on their line - accept the terms and conditions through the ESC IVR (automated system). No need to fully activate and place a test call - just make the ESN change.

Then activate their phone back on their line and then the Storm is free to activate on your line. You'll only need to make a note of their ESN, but other than that you won't ever need to touch their phone.

If you don't go through the right process you will be charged an equipment chargeback, which will be full retail price for you.
    11-30-09 04:24 PM
    Ok I activated the new phone on their line and now re connected their old phone on the line but the only thing is it is telling me they have to do *228 on the old phone to get it updated and there is no way for my to tell them to dial than...
    11-30-09 04:46 PM
    Ok I activated the new phone on their line and now re connected their old phone on the line but the only thing is it is telling me they have to do *228 on the old phone to get it updated and there is no way for my to tell them to dial than...
    They don't have to - their phone is already programmed to use their number. *228 is not required at this point.
    11-30-09 04:51 PM
    They don't have to - their phone is already programmed to use their number. *228 is not required at this point.
    Okay thank you so much, You explained the process better than anyone else could to me including the reps. Thanks again
    11-30-09 04:53 PM
    Okay thank you so much, You explained the process better than anyone else could to me including the reps. Thanks again
    No problem! I can't count how many times I've heard customer service and a lot of tech reps trying to use *228 as a fix for 99.9% of problems. It's only needed when you need to program a number to a phone or to update the prl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD