I'm traveling to Canada this summer and was wondering if text messaging would cost more (if I send to someone in the US). I currently have a 250 texts for $5.00 plan. Would it come out of there? Or would I be charged extra?

I know that if I call someone from Canada in the US it would be more expensive... Would my phone even work in Canada?
    04-29-09 08:21 PM
    I'm traveling to Canada this summer and was wondering if text messaging would cost more (if I send to someone in the US). I currently have a 250 texts for $5.00 plan. Would it come out of there? Or would I be charged extra?

I know that if I call someone from Canada in the US it would be more expensive... Would my phone even work in Canada?
    Texting while in Canada would come out of your 250 text bundle, no other charges for texting, unless you go over, then $0.10 per message over your allowance.
    While traveling in the U.S., text messages sent to non-U.S. phone numbers of participating carriers are charged the following:
    $0.25/address sent
    $0.20/message received
    While traveling outside the U.S., the text messaging rates are:
    $0.50/address sent
    $0.05/message received
    These text messages are not applied against your monthly text messaging bundled allowances.

Text Message rates while traveling in Bermuda, Canada, Dominican Republic, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are the same as rates while within the United States.
    vzw.com -> plans -> International Services
    International Text Messaging
    04-29-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD