Can i use my bberry to connect my laptop to the internet using the vzw network or do i have to dial a completely different ISP like the one from my home?

If you can do the first how do you do it? Do you have to have a certain data plan?

edit: I guess i'm just want to know if there is any other way than to connect to the internet through my bluetooth connected blackberry other than dialing a connection to my ISP (mostly because my home ISP doesn't provide me with a dial up connection plan that i'm aware of)
    Last edited by pjdell; 02-02-09 at 12:08 PM.
    02-02-09 11:57 AM
    Call Verizon and ask the Mobile Broadband Connect service. Everything goes through Verizon. Your other ISP is not needed. I believe it's an additional $15/month if you have an unlimited data plan. I'm not sure you can connect through bluetooth with a BlackBerry. Tethered might be the only way.
    02-02-09 01:15 PM
    Yes you can do it. However it will cost you an addtl 15/mo for tethering... Which is ridiculous but that's to be expected from verizon

You can do it over bluetooth or usb. It doesn't matter (although speeds may differ).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 04:11 PM
    Cost depends on your current data plan, I wish pepole would stop giving wrong info about this. If you have the 30 plan it is additional $30 per month. If you have the BES or 45 plan it 15 per month.
    02-02-09 05:15 PM
    what really?!...see i didn't know that lastraid..every where I looked I was told it was just 15 extra if you have the unlimited data ($30/mo)

alright, thanks for correcting me
    02-02-09 05:53 PM
    It's called tethering with Verizon. The cost will either be $15 or $30, depending on the BB plan that you have. If you have the corporate (BIS)$44.99, then you will pay $15 to tether. If you have the regular $29.99, then you will pay $30 to tether.
    02-02-09 06:04 PM
    It's called tethering with Verizon. The cost will either be $15 or $30, depending on the BB plan that you have. If you have the corporate (BIS)$44.99, then you will pay $15 to tether. If you have the regular $29.99, then you will pay $30 to tether.
    Ugh, see what I mean? They're always finding ways to get you to pay more...
    02-02-09 07:52 PM
    Has nothing to about more the cost must equal an aircard/modem. This way you do not need another line of service and another 2 year contract.

You actually save this way and the BBA feature can be added and removed when you need it. Saves even more. Stop crying.
    02-02-09 07:58 PM
    Cool, how is the speed on that? Could i play an online game decently on it or no? I think 30 a month would be worth it for some of the car trips i take, and just for anywhere really... well if the speed is good...
    02-02-09 08:13 PM
    speeds on a storm is rev A evdo. Shoul see an average of I believe of 600kbps to 1.2 MBps. this is avg. could burst a but higher or lower
    02-02-09 09:11 PM
    I've tried this before and the speed was not that great maybe because of the area I'm in I dunno.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:45 PM
    Speed posted above are for the storm. Curve and pearl will only average 400-700 kbps.
    02-04-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD