sometime this weekend I will be upgrading my phone to the S2 and I am told the best prices are usually online, no rebate etc. I have to use the primary lines upgrade because they used my upgrade 2 years ago. So basically I wanted to ask, how do you use someone elses upgrade when you want to do it the online route? I looked all over the site, signed in and picked out the phone and even waited for a VZW chat box to pop up but no luck
    11-24-09 03:12 PM
    humm not to sure on how to do it online but if you were to call in to cs or tella sales they should be able to help and still uphold the online discount
    11-24-09 03:40 PM
    humm not to sure on how to do it online but if you were to call in to cs or tella sales they should be able to help and still uphold the online discount
    Well I talked to them the other day and they said you get charged 279.99 if you call and then you get a $100 rebate card or online you do it and the final price is 179.99 with no mail in rebate
    11-24-09 05:13 PM
    What you can do is order the upgrade online, when the phone is delivered accept the Terms & Conditions for the upgrade through the 800-966-0907 # choose option 2 to activate the phone at a later time and then go online to your My Verizon account on the number you want the equipment on and do an esn change.

00smurf
    11-24-09 05:46 PM
    Thanks smurf,
    As in ESN change you mean go into that line that I want to upgrade and select activate new phone? I am pretty new to the online system. Before today I always called to upgrade
    11-24-09 06:25 PM
    Yeah that's how we did or last set of phones. Just order your phone online because nothing is really tied to that phone number until you activate it upon UPS running.

So when you get the phone activate it under whatever number you want! We didn't do any number dialing we did it purely through the Verizon site(Link on the right hand "help" column when you look at your account overview/ "Activate My Phone"), it will ask you for the MEID for the line then tell you to dial #228 option 1 to active the phone. Then do the same thing with the other phone.

Hope this helps ya!
    11-24-09 10:12 PM
    That helps, but what "other phone"? The next time someone needs to use my upgrade? Thanks again
    11-24-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD