Hi all. If I were to buy a used Curve to tide myself ovver until the 9630 comes out, what do I have to do to make sure it will work on VZW? Do I have to buy a VZW Curve or will any unlocked one do? Do I have to make sure the auction/ad says something about the ESN? I don't want to blow $150 on something that won't work.

Thanks!
    04-06-09 10:16 AM
    To be safe, buy a VZW curve. Unlocked curves won't work on VZW's network. Make sure the ad says the ESN/IMEI is clean, and if possible, ensure the previous owner has released the PIN # back to VZW.
    04-06-09 10:19 AM
    Ask the seller for the ESN, and then call VZW and check it with them to make sure it's clean, no over due bills and not reported stolen. If the seller will not give you the ESN, move on to the next auction.
    04-06-09 11:50 AM
    Yup you pretty much need to get a Verizon branded curve. If you're going to get it on craigslist, either snag the esn from the guy and call Verizon just to make sure its clean or ask to meet him at a Verizon store to have it activated. Sounds pretty paranoid, but there have been posts in the crackberry forums of people who buy phones from eBay or craigslist without checking the esn only to find that the pin has been blocked and they can't make use of the email and bbm functions. Eep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD