I have a Sprint Curve - telephone #1.
    I have a VZW KRZR - telephone #2.
    I have brand new VZW Storm - telephone #2.
    I will not be keeping Sprint Curve or tele #1.

Do I use BB Desktop Manager Device Switch Wizard at all? I'd like to but if I am better off not using it I won't.
    If I use Desktop Mgr, do I use it before activating or do I activate first?
    06-03-09 04:42 PM
    I have a Sprint Curve - telephone #1.
    I have a VZW KRZR - telephone #2.
    I have brand new VZW Storm - telephone #2.
    I will not be keeping Sprint Curve or tele #1.

Do I use BB Desktop Manager Device Switch Wizard at all? I'd like to but if I am better off not using it I won't.
    If I use Desktop Mgr, do I use it before activating or do I activate first?
    You didn't say what it is you want to do? If you are transferring 3rd party apps, I would not as they may not be compatible with the Storm. If you are importing contacts and calendar, sync. with Outlook. The Storm should already be activated.
    06-03-09 07:55 PM
    You didn't say what it is you want to do? If you are transferring 3rd party apps, I would not as they may not be compatible with the Storm. If you are importing contacts and calendar, sync. with Outlook. The Storm should already be activated.

his quote implys switching from storm to curve as he stated he will not be keeping the sprint curve

Yes you can use device switch wizard, Yes activate your phone on the network first.

Also make sure you do a full backup of the curve before doing anything...

and make sure you have your contacts stored in multiple places just in case as well.
    06-03-09 08:26 PM
    ok so I activated VZW Storm

used DM and attempted to delete/remove/somehow not transfer the sprint software store/NFL/NASCAR/TV/@sprint.blackberry email among other things

some things didn't transfer - GREAT!

some things did - UGH - i went into Options/Advanced Options/Applications and deleted some of them but cannot remember where I go to delete the &@*#! @sprint email addy and I know it's somewhere like that because I just recently had to do it on my boss' storm from the same problem -

Where do I delete that?
    06-03-09 10:19 PM
    To delete the sprint addy from the device, to options >advanced options> service books. Delete the serivce books that have that have that email address associated with them. Then call sprint and have them delete the BIS account for you.

From your new device or VZW BIS, if not done already, create your new VZW BIS account and configure the email address.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-04-09 at 07:09 AM.
    06-04-09 07:06 AM
    Thank you!!!
    06-04-09 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD