1. Laj5001's Avatar
    So ive been having issues charging my phone bc the end of my charger wont stay in the port and charge it, i have to keep wiggling it and what not(a pain!)..and today i saw the port is somewhat loose and pretty much broke. can this be replaced? or am i gonna have to just get a new phone? help! thanks!
    07-11-09 05:24 PM
  2. lastraid's Avatar
    IT all depends how it was broken. Was it dropped? In most cases the carrier would see this as physical damage.

    Do you have insurance?

    You may want to stop by a store and see a tech there. If they note the account that this is not physical damage, but a mfg defect and the device is under warr. the device will be replaced.
    07-11-09 05:28 PM
  3. Laj5001's Avatar
    Yeah i have insurance on it. and no it wasnt dropped. i guess just over time it was getting loose and what not. thanks for your help!
    07-11-09 05:37 PM
  4. lastraid's Avatar
    These can be replaced if you feel comfortable doing this., but would void warr if it did not go well.

    I have seen over time where the port has loosend up. This is why a hands on tech in a store would need to see and note the account.
    07-11-09 05:41 PM
  5. big.daddy's Avatar
    get a charging cradle. it charges the phone using the contacts on the rear of the phone instead of the usb port.
    07-11-09 07:22 PM