So ive been having issues charging my phone bc the end of my charger wont stay in the port and charge it, i have to keep wiggling it and what not(a pain!)..and today i saw the port is somewhat loose and pretty much broke. can this be replaced? or am i gonna have to just get a new phone? help! thanks!
    07-11-09 05:24 PM
    IT all depends how it was broken. Was it dropped? In most cases the carrier would see this as physical damage.

Do you have insurance?

You may want to stop by a store and see a tech there. If they note the account that this is not physical damage, but a mfg defect and the device is under warr. the device will be replaced.
    07-11-09 05:28 PM
    Yeah i have insurance on it. and no it wasnt dropped. i guess just over time it was getting loose and what not. thanks for your help!
    07-11-09 05:37 PM
    These can be replaced if you feel comfortable doing this., but would void warr if it did not go well.

I have seen over time where the port has loosend up. This is why a hands on tech in a store would need to see and note the account.
    07-11-09 05:41 PM
    get a charging cradle. it charges the phone using the contacts on the rear of the phone instead of the usb port.
    07-11-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD