Hey guys,

I was just wondering about this. On Verizon there are a few places that I roam when I am driving to visit family. Will this affect my bill as far as data goes? If so is there a way to tell the berry to stop using data when roaming? That is assuming that a berry checks things with data like an iPhone. Not too sure if it does or not.

Thanks

-Syco54645
    06-02-09 07:37 AM
    Will not affect data pricing. WHat might be affect is the use of data it self, if data is not working, then the agreement with that carrier might prevent it. Agreements have gotten better over the years and data should work in most places.
    06-02-09 07:53 AM
    Will not affect data pricing. WHat might be affect is the use of data it self, if data is not working, then the agreement with that carrier might prevent it. Agreements have gotten better over the years and data should work in most places.
    As long as I will not get charged extra. If data doesnt work for a little, that is fine. I will be driving after all.
    06-02-09 08:00 AM
    As long as I will not get charged extra. If data doesnt work for a little, that is fine. I will be driving after all.
    Then you are good to go. have a great trip.

I would dial *228 and do option 2 before you go
    06-02-09 08:04 AM
    Then you are good to go. have a great trip.

I would dial *228 and do option 2 before you go
    Well I am not going yet, will be over the weekend of july 4th. I always roam near mall road in ohio for about an hour. Maybe they have fixed that since last year though... didnt they just update the prl as well? oh yeah they did... i just updated it
    Last edited by Syco54645; 06-02-09 at 09:26 AM.
    06-02-09 09:23 AM
    Under Options -> Mobile Network I keep "Data Services" set to "Off when Roaming." I feel this is safest. If you go onto a carrier Verizon has a roaming agreement with that includes data you are probably fine, because your phone doesn't consider that roaming per se, it considers it "Extended Network."

True roaming is where you can connect to the tower but there's not agreement in place so the charges can be high indeed. I don't trust it, so I keep the setting as I indicated above.
    06-03-09 12:50 AM
    Under Options -> Mobile Network I keep "Data Services" set to "Off when Roaming." I feel this is safest. If you go onto a carrier Verizon has a roaming agreement with that includes data you are probably fine, because your phone doesn't consider that roaming per se, it considers it "Extended Network."

True roaming is where you can connect to the tower but there's not agreement in place so the charges can be high indeed. I don't trust it, so I keep the setting as I indicated above.
    actually when your phone connects to a tower that VZW doesnt have an agreement on data with, the data is turned off. You are not allowed to use the data on that tower at all, just voice services.
    06-03-09 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD