I am not eligible for an upgrade. however my brother is...

now my questions is, can i use his upgrade (i know i have to activate on his line then on mine) and then put it on my phone line and if i dont like the phone can we still return it withing the 30days and get something else?

i want to try the droid out and then return it within the 30 days and get the tour2 when its released
    11-10-09 12:15 PM

now my questions is, can i use his upgrade (i know i have to activate on his line then on mine) and then put it on my phone line and if i dont like the phone can we still return it withing the 30days and get something else?

i want to try the droid out and then return it within the 30 days and get the tour2 when its released
    If you're just gonna return it why get it?
    11-10-09 12:17 PM
    I just want to try it out and see what its all about and for the $35 restocking fee i dont mind.... my curve is toast atm anyways so why not
    11-10-09 12:18 PM
    Eh yeah you can do that then you can use your bro's upgrade and try it out for the 30 days and return it.
    11-10-09 12:24 PM
    Thanks, I dont think i could give my BB up... The droid does look pretty good, although ive already tried the keyboard and hated it
    11-10-09 12:27 PM
    Its wicked fast... WICKED FAST
    11-10-09 12:28 PM
    yeah the one in the store was pretty badass... thanks again
    11-10-09 12:31 PM
    Not a problem!
    11-10-09 12:34 PM
    I'll just leave this thread alone .
    11-10-09 01:15 PM
    If you go to the store or order over the phone, you can do what they call an "alternate upgrade". They have an option on their computer to use the upgrade from another line but have it so you only have to activate the phone on the line you want to use it for.
    11-10-09 05:58 PM
    Its wicked fast... WICKED FAST
    Uh huh - been eating 3G-laced Google brownies again, haven't you?

The input response lags behind phones of several years ago & the speed falls off considerably after a few apps.

And, for the OP - you're not returning a Droid to get a Tour2 - it isn't coming anywhere close to that WFG period.
    11-10-09 09:18 PM
    Have you heard anything about the passion twins?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 09:26 PM
    The Snapdragon 1GHz Android version of the Snapdragon 1GHz WM Leo that will kick the snot out of the Moto Droid & cause the early adopters to cry and connive their ways onto hopefully getting rid of that suddenly junk Moto?

Haven't heard a thing...

But hey - you said it wasn't coming to VZW.
    11-10-09 10:46 PM

The input response lags behind phones of several years ago & the speed falls off considerably after a few apps.
    Uhh not really. Mine has probably 25 apps and its still wicked fast.

But the keyboard still sucks. Stick a TP2 keyboard on that thing and it might be the last phone I ever buy.

Not...
    11-10-09 11:47 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not Twins (obviously) but here is the latest. Not a great pic but oh well. If you are in the market for an Android device this is the one to wait for.

Picture of the HTC Passion / Dragon’s screen? Boy Genius Report
    11-10-09 11:55 PM
    I'm not Twins (obviously) but here is the latest. Not a great pic but oh well. If you are in the market for an Android device this is the one to wait for.

Picture of the HTC Passion / Dragon’s screen? Boy Genius Report
    That image isn't valid, nor does it show much. I will say that this thing is a real man-sized phone. It dwarfs the Bold & gives the flat-panel a run...

Still trying to figure out names such as Desire, Passion, and Predator. I can't help but wonder if HTC may have some kind of repressed emotions that they are trying to get out there.

While we figure that out, enjoy the attachments.
    11-11-09 12:09 AM
    The Snapdragon 1GHz Android version of the Snapdragon 1GHz WM Leo that will kick the snot out of the Moto Droid & cause the early adopters to cry and connive their ways onto hopefully getting rid of that suddenly junk Moto?

Haven't heard a thing...

But hey - you said it wasn't coming to VZW.
    I said the HD2 Was not coming to Verizon . I did pass on the droid, in hopes of this Passion/Dragon. Hopefully it launches before new years, but we'll see. Ready to get rid of my tour!
    11-11-09 04:58 AM
    That image isn't valid, nor does it show much. I will say that this thing is a real man-sized phone. It dwarfs the Bold & gives the flat-panel a run...

Still trying to figure out names such as Desire, Passion, and Predator. I can't help but wonder if HTC may have some kind of repressed emotions that they are trying to get out there.

While we figure that out, enjoy the attachments.
    Interesting, looks nothing like :

11-11-09 04:59 AM
    Twins, The image in the middle of those three is different. The ones on the ends look like the HD2 and the one in the middle has different buttons. Which one most resembles what the Passion (or whatever its going to be called) will look like?
    11-11-09 02:18 PM

YES you can do that (with the account holders permission, obviously) but you don't need to activate it on his account. That hasn't been the case for several years. I upgrade using upgrades from different accounts all the time.
    11-12-09 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD