Ok perhaps this is a stupid question but I got my Storm in 9/2009. 2 months later the Storm 2 comes out. I didn't know because I didn't use Crackberry but I did use my Ne2 on that phone. Does Verizon offer any type of incentive or discount to upgrade if you're not due? I have been with Verizon for 10 years and don't intend to switch. Just wondering if there was any way to get one without paying an arm and a leg! Should I stick with my original storm-I have had no problems with it and I hear rumors of a Storm 3. How can you keep up and what does Verizon really make their money off of-contracts or phones.
    01-03-10 03:38 PM
    Past your 30 days, so I really doubt it. Did you device come with 5.0 on it?
    01-03-10 03:41 PM
    The reason why you have a contract/upgrade dates is because Verizon gives you a subsidy on the price of the phone when you sign up and they make it back via service over the life of the contract. The only way you would be able to get a Storm2 is to pay full retail price, find one on craigslist, or add-a-line.
    01-03-10 03:44 PM
    Well that's what I figured but wanted to put the question out there. Yes my storm has 5.0 and its a great phone that I've had no problems with other than when I put on the new OS the phone no longer recognizes my home or car charger, only the USB works and I do have all Verizon equipment.
    01-03-10 04:06 PM
    I'd try wiping/re-loading the software. I'd just wait because there will be another phone that's awesome when your upgrade date comes around.
    01-03-10 04:08 PM
    bought a Tour and wanted a storm 2. So i paid off my account so that it was a 0 balance then walked into the store bought the storm 2 and had it charge to my account. So now i have 2 months to pay it off.
    01-03-10 04:11 PM
    bought a Tour and wanted a storm 2. So i paid off my account so that it was a 0 balance then walked into the store bought the storm 2 and had it charge to my account. So now i have 2 months to pay it off.
    I was with you until the "2 months to pay it off" part. Everything I've billed to my account (I have a $500 bill-to-account limit) has been due with my next bill (w/in 30 days or so per the normal billing cycle.) So, I'm wondering why you're thinking VZW won't want they're money on your next due date...
    01-03-10 04:27 PM
    Because if his bill cycle date is say the dec 20th, and his bill is due on the fifteenth he'd have a bill for 1/15/2009 that cycles on that day. If he goes in on like Dec 23rd or 24th, the charge would be on the next bill cycle on 2/15/2009. So you have a little over a month and a half to pay it off.

I'm assuming that's what he did.
    01-03-10 04:29 PM
    Yes that's true you get 2 billing cycles because I've done it before on a less expensive phone. But also there will be the next big thing after the storm 2 and so on and so on. That's how they get us right LOL.
    01-03-10 05:14 PM
    Have you considered having your Storm replaced 3 times within 90 days and get a multi Fru to the Storm 2? It more often the not works. Be poliet and play the sympathy card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 05:44 PM
    Ok perhaps this is a stupid question but I got my Storm in 9/2009. 2 months later the Storm 2 comes out. I didn't know because I didn't use Crackberry but I did use my Ne2 on that phone. Does Verizon offer any type of incentive or discount to upgrade if you're not due? I have been with Verizon for 10 years and don't intend to switch. Just wondering if there was any way to get one without paying an arm and a leg! Should I stick with my original storm-I have had no problems with it and I hear rumors of a Storm 3. How can you keep up and what does Verizon really make their money off of-contracts or phones.
    Nope you're stuck with the Storm...

Have you considered having your Storm replaced 3 times within 90 days and get a multi Fru to the Storm 2? It more often the not works. Be poliet and play the sympathy card.

Is this a joke???
    01-04-10 06:10 PM
    Its a poilet joke. Like a toilet but with "p" in it.

01-04-10 06:14 PM
    Is this a joke???[/QUOTE]

Not a joke. Just a suggestion.

01-04-10 06:20 PM
    You can do a yrly upgrade but won't get the ne2 pricing.

If you don't have problems with it, why change phones?

and no, the reps are paid on contracts not the phones unless things have changed cause that is how i was paid....contracts
    01-04-10 07:15 PM
    You can do a yrly upgrade but won't get the ne2 pricing.

If you don't have problems with it, why change phones?

and no, the reps are paid on contracts not the phones unless things have changed cause that is how i was paid....contracts
    Actually I got the storm 1 at a 'slight discount' after 1 year on previous phone but I had to extend contract another 2 years. So I guess then they did make a profit on that. I don't have any problems with my storm but you can understand how we love new toys.
    01-04-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD