Okay, so my mom, stepdad, and me are on a shareplan. My dad is the primary line on that, although my mom, being a real estate agent, dominates all of our minutes. Anyway, she just broke her phone accidentally, and wanted to upgrade to a blackberry pearl, unfortunately, her discount isn't even close. So my dads has been up for a while, and a pearl would be free if we ordered one from his line.

So my question is, if I order a phone through my dads line, will I have to activate it on his line first and then activate it on my moms line? Is there anything special I need to do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 09:55 AM
    i believe if you just talk to a VZW rep, they will make it work
    06-19-08 11:34 AM
    I have did what you are asking several times. You do have to activate the Pearl onto dad's line first. Then call VZW and the rep will swap the esn from the Pearl to mom's line, and put the esn on dad's old phone back on his line. There is $20.00 fee, but tell them you tried to do it on line and the will wave the fee (normally they do).
    06-19-08 12:08 PM
    Thanks, getting back to me! Sounds like it will work!

TEVIS,

Could I do it online? I've activated my own phone online before, and its very easy, I guess I can try and then call them and make them do it if it doesn't work!
    06-19-08 12:27 PM
    You can try. Sometimes with new upgrades their site will not let you upgrade if you have a balance on your account. Even if the account blacnce is the current amount due. I still do not get that, but hey that is how VZW works.
    06-19-08 12:33 PM
    Alright, that sounds good, its not a big deal if it doesn't work! I just don't think my dad wants to get stuck with a Pink Pearl =).

Thanks for all your help!
    06-19-08 12:35 PM
    I don't think he would
    No problem!!!!!!!!!!
    06-19-08 12:43 PM
    Goto a Verizon CORPORATE store do whats called an ALTERNATIVE upgrade it does the esn swaps for you no esn swap fee!!!!
    06-19-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD