Hey guys, I have a quick question about upgrading phones online. I recently just added a 20% corporate discount to my account (haven't received a bill so I haven't been able to confirmed that I am actually receiving it yet). Well anyways, the question is regarding phone upgrade using the online myverizon. I tried to upgrade but it doesn't show the 20% discount when it forces me to switch features (from BIS to web and email). Just wondering if this is normal or if it usually shows the 20% off when selecting this options. When I try to select a new line, it shows the 20% discount when I select the voice and the data option. Basically I want to make sure I have the discount before I renew my contract (I am thinking about switching carriers if the discount doesn't go through since I have 25% off with other carriers). Thanks for any input!
    04-21-10 06:28 PM
    Not all employers get discounts on features. Maybe yours doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 08:46 PM
    They don't offer discount on texting but they do for data. If i start a new line, I can see all of the discount. But when I try to upgrade it doesn't show any discounts at all. It shows the full prices for the voice, data, and texting. I just don't want to renew a contract and not get a discount when I can easily get one with other carriers.
    04-21-10 09:47 PM
    They don't offer discount on texting but they do for data. If i start a new line, I can see all of the discount. But when I try to upgrade it doesn't show any discounts at all. It shows the full prices for the voice, data, and texting. I just don't want to renew a contract and not get a discount when I can easily get one with other carriers.
    It some times does not show the discounted amount online when you are upgrading, what matters is what it shows on the bill. If you are getting your discount on your bill, then there is no worries.
    04-22-10 02:49 AM
    It some times does not show the discounted amount online when you are upgrading, what matters is what it shows on the bill. If you are getting your discount on your bill, then there is no worries.
    Thanks! That was basically what I was asking. Should I wait for my bill to see if the discount is there first or should I just order the incredible and hope there aren't any problems? haha
    04-22-10 09:33 AM
    Thanks! That was basically what I was asking. Should I wait for my bill to see if the discount is there first or should I just order the incredible and hope there aren't any problems? haha
    Yeah wait to see the bill if its there. Depending on when you added it can take up to two bill cycles to appear. You may not get an employee discount on the Incredible...new phone and all, it may not qualify. Last I checked, the Droid still wasn't discounted.
    04-22-10 11:13 AM
    You're right, there's not additional discount on the phone. I did notice that it was only $30 more for a 1 yr contract instead of a 2 yr. hmm heh, now I just have to wait for my bill! I added it the day before my billing cycle ends, will it show up on the the coming bill or would I have to wait another month?
    04-22-10 12:51 PM
    You're right, there's not additional discount on the phone. I did notice that it was only $30 more for a 1 yr contract instead of a 2 yr. hmm heh, now I just have to wait for my bill! I added it the day before my billing cycle ends, will it show up on the the coming bill or would I have to wait another month?
    If you added it online, it should appear on your account in the billing system immediately. Check your account online and see if it is there. Depending on your bill cycle, it may take a cycle or two to appear, but when adding it online, it gets added to the account as soon as you register your line.
    04-22-10 02:48 PM
    If you added it online, it should appear on your account in the billing system immediately. Check your account online and see if it is there. Depending on your bill cycle, it may take a cycle or two to appear, but when adding it online, it gets added to the account as soon as you register your line.
    It seems like it is added because it stays the company name under mine in myverizon.
    04-22-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD