I am preparing like many for the tour. I called CS today and they said that I can use an upgrade available on my line that is an Onstar Acct Number. Has anyone else heard this.

A couple of months ago the rep told me this but then said he couldn't do it. I want to make sure I have all the info I can before going into the store. I know you can flop lines around for upgrades.

I was thinking of ordering the tour on-line to get the best price but wasn't sure how to do this w the onstar num, if infact you even can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:15 AM
    Nope, cant do it. Only Onstar can do anything to an Onstar line.
    07-04-09 01:48 PM
    That's what I thought. I swear sometimes I wish the customer service reps would get it together.

07-05-09 12:47 AM
    There could be some confusion about Onstar. You can have your Onstar line on your Verizon Family Share Plan - shared minutes, F&F, $9.99 and all - but you cannot use that line as a device upgrade line because there is no device contract on it.

To attach your Onstar line to your Family Share or to remove it from your Family Share, you do have to go through Onstar.

I know this because I have Verizon Wireless Family Share with Onstar.

07-05-09 03:19 AM
    you should be able to have it converted to a regular line, drop onstar altogether. this will leave you with a line out of contract. you should at that point be able to do an alternate upgrade and put the tour on your number.
    07-06-09 03:04 PM
    But what if he actually wants the obstar?

07-06-09 03:11 PM
    you should be able to have it converted to a regular line, drop onstar altogether. this will leave you with a line out of contract. you should at that point be able to do an alternate upgrade and put the tour on your number.
    If I am not mistaken, yes, this can be done - but you'd have to port it away from Onstar. I really think LNP rules would apply to this. I once asked to swap numbers between a regular line & an Onstar line & was told by Onstar and VZW that it couldn't be done.

Onstar is an enhanced service, with components not available on a regular line.
    But what if he actually wants the obstar?
    Don't know anything about Obstar but I'd rather give up VZW than Onstar.

07-06-09 05:42 PM
    Said it once I'll say it again. Last SureType berry I ever buy.

07-06-09 07:54 PM
    I want the Onstar line. Perfectly happy with it. It basically is an addtl 9.99 / month and uses package mins.

The CS rep told me I could use this line like an upgade and I knew she was wrong. The contract part makes sense because I could cancel anytime.

Thanks. Just hope I can get a tour Sun !!!!

07-08-09 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD