On my current plan my brother has a blackberry tour and is eligible for an upgrade. He doesnt want to upgrade any time soon so i plan on taking his upgrade to get the new blackberry curve. However..

Would this interfere with his plan?( Currently he is on the 44.99/mo plan, and for the new phone I am selecting the 29.99/mo plan for the curve)

His current services are highlighted in blue, and when i select the 29.99/mo plan it will no longer be highlight so i feel as if i am changing his plan. When this swap is done will his current plan be changed? I understand that he must have the new phone activated for 24 hours.

Thank you
    05-30-10 02:43 PM
    You don't even have to activate the phone on his line at all. I do this all the time with my 3 kids. When I get the phone ( I order off of the VZW website) I call 611 to activate the phone. I tell them I want to do an alternative upgrade with the phone I just ordered. They ask what line I want it on, and they do the rest.
    05-30-10 02:52 PM
    Ok thank you but, the options i select online for the upgrade which is supposed to be his(such as the 29.99/mo) will not change his plan?
    05-30-10 02:55 PM
    anyone?...
    05-30-10 03:23 PM
    Wow! You waited a whole half hour?? Bumping is rude and is against the forum rules.

Just be patient. If people have answers, they will post.
    05-30-10 03:30 PM
    Best thing to do is go into a store, indirect or corporate, and let them know that your brother has an upgrade, and you would like to use it. All they do is select "Alternate Upgrade" from a little drop box, select your number, and then they can continue on from there with no worry to you or your brother.

Your brothers contract will extend though, and when you mail in any rebate off of the Blackberry, you need to write in his phone number.

I did this with my sister's upgrade, but wrote my number in the box on the rebate form... never saw that $50 again...
    05-30-10 03:35 PM
    [QUOTE.

I did this with my sister's upgrade, but wrote my number in the box on the rebate form... never saw that $50 again...
    You should be able to resubmit this if it hasn't been very long ago.Go by the store and talk to your sales rep. Or there probably is a number to call for T Mo like VZW has and speak with the rebate people directly.
    06-01-10 03:09 AM
    to the OP ..

If you do an alt up in a corp store, don't worry about the rebate. The form will print out with the correct number. Be sure to put your name and address on it or it will be sent to who ever is the acct owner.
    06-01-10 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD