Hey everyone, I have a question about upgrading at Best Buy. I am a Verizon customer with a Tour. My wife has an old Blackberry 8530 I think. She is due for an upgrade in 3 days. I want to upgrade her BB to a Moto Droid, then give her my Tour and I keep the Droid. Best Buy has the Droid for $99 (Upgrade line price) and Verizon has the Droid for $199. Saving the $100 sounds great to me, but my question is if I bring both phones to Best Buy, can they accommodate all the changes. Or will I need to go to Verizon anyways? Will I need to bring my wifes phone with me? Or can she have it until the tour gets activated on her line? I am the primary account holder if that matters. Thanks for your input!

Brian
    03-16-10 11:18 AM
    Once you do the upgrade, you can always do the switcheroo online at the Verizon website. Just have all three phones. You go to the old BB on your line, put the Tour on her line, then swap the Droid onto your line.
    03-16-10 04:17 PM
    It's called an "alternate upgrade". They can take that upgrade from your wife and activate the phone on your line, while extending the contract on your wifes line by 2 years. I did this when I got my S2. I got it in November but was not able to upgrade until January. I took my dad's upgrade (who has had the same dumb phone since 2004) and used it for my line. But his line's contract was extended 2 years, but my contract was not extended so if something comes up, he will be able to use my upgrade in January.
    03-16-10 05:36 PM
    They can do all the changes. If they have any questions, they always call Verizon so no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:50 PM
    Yeah I actually did the same thing before and yes best buy can do all those changes without any problems
    03-18-10 06:02 PM
    and we can transfer your contacts too
    03-24-10 09:21 PM
    and we can transfer your contacts too
    OOOOOOOOOO way to go the extra mile best buy... I hate resellers/indirect agents. People think going thru them to save a couple extra bucks up front is worth the hassle and headaches that 90% of people that deal with those places get. Make sure you look over the contracts that you are signing, resellers/agents have thier own stipulations written into contracts.
    03-25-10 10:36 AM
    OOOOOOOOOO way to go the extra mile best buy... I hate resellers/indirect agents.......
    50% is more than a couple bucks. I've never had a problem with Best Buy, returns are easy, and there's probably a reason they're still in business and CC isn't .

Verizon on line also sometimes has deals that are more than a few $$$ ......
    03-25-10 11:01 AM
    50% is more than a couple bucks. I've never had a problem with Best Buy, returns are easy, and there's probably a reason they're still in business and CC isn't .

Verizon on line also sometimes has deals that are more than a few $$$ ......
    Perfect example just walked out of my store. He bought an Eris at best buy to get the instant discount, when he had technical questions and wanted to add his corporate discount to his account they told him to drive here. My time is worth more than an instant rebate to me, driving all over the place because they are either lazy or unable to do something on the account doesnt work for me.

Read thier contract stipulations, its not worth setting up with them most of the time.
    03-25-10 11:06 AM
    ....My time is worth more than an instant rebate to me, driving all over the place because they are either lazy or unable to do something on the account doesnt work for me.

Read thier contract stipulations, its not worth setting up with them most of the time.
    Guess I needed to add - As ALWAYS - YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) .
    03-25-10 11:11 AM
    Guess I needed to add - As ALWAYS - YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) .
    I personally wouldnt care if the corporate store was across the street from Best Buy. I like getting everything done at one time instead of half a$$ing it.
    03-25-10 11:16 AM
    I personally wouldnt care if the corporate store was across the street from Best Buy. I like getting everything done at one time instead of half a$$ing it.

...... and I'd drive 10 miles, or let UPS deliver, to save 50% (if that's "half a$$ing") ..... YMMV
    03-25-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD