We've got an upgrade on April 15th and the VZW store people said there was NO WAY we could upgrade before then... Is that true?
    02-12-11 10:19 PM
    Is that your 2 year NE2 upgrade date? Or is it the annual upgrade? They don't fudge much on the upgrade dates anymore. But you can always try to call CS and ask nicely.
    02-12-11 10:49 PM
    it is the 2 year contract date, I guess its the NE2 date. Just wanna get the iPhone for the $199.
    02-12-11 10:50 PM
    I agree with Mark, try and ask to see what can be done. But I don't understand why people question the upgrade dates, it's not like you didn't know when you got the phone.
    02-12-11 11:23 PM
    I'm not "questioning" - I know when it is - I just thought they had something that would allow you to upgrade 1 time after 18 months on an account. Or to give some wiggle room to sell a new phone...
    02-12-11 11:24 PM
    I'm not "questioning" - I know when it is - I just thought they had something that would allow you to upgrade 1 time after 18 months on an account. Or to give some wiggle room to sell a new phone...
    Oh they can. But it's not a requirement of the contract, so I don't understand why this is expected.

Either way. Just ask, I'm sure they can do something.
    02-12-11 11:33 PM
    CS is more prone to help than the in store Reps unless you frequent there a lot, Ive found. Like stated, call and ask, but lately they are pretty stringent on their dates.
    02-12-11 11:59 PM
    I called customer service just yesterday and asked if they could change the upgrade date (It was April 21, 2011) on one of my lines of service. I stated that I was having issues with a particular handset and that I wanted to upgrade. They changed the upgrade date, effective yesterday. Doesn't hurt to ask. Just don't act like a jacka$$ and have an attitude, also don't act like you're entitled to an early upgrade and everything will probably go smoothly.
    02-13-11 09:28 AM
    My upgrade isn't until August but I can get it now if I do it online.
    02-13-11 10:32 PM
    A lot of times you are eligible for an annual or special upgrade...again, it never hurts to try and ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD