08-10-08 10:02 PM
38 12
tools
    lol haha

Even if Verizon did get their hands on a version of OS 4.5 for CDMA that could be considered anywhere close to official... it would take them months and months to even consider releasing it!

It is Verizon we are talking about here... lol
    I completely agree w you, lol. Besides being slow at releases I can't really complain though I'm content w big red.
    07-27-08 12:10 PM
    How does the amount of internal memory of devices (a hardware specification) have anything to do with OS releases?!

I am not flaming VZW, I am stating a fact. It is partially not their fault since the CDMA releases are behind the GSM a little bit, but you also have to admit that slowness of firmware upgrades for VZW devices is a known VZW fault. All the VZW users I know make fun of VZW for this reason!

And, yes, the 8330 has more memory... which is nice! And the VZW Curve has EVDO. I am not belittling VZW, but you have to admit they are always a little slow on the software side
    Point very well made lol. Facts are definitely facts.
    07-27-08 12:11 PM
    Yes VZW is a bit slow, but gee when they release it after full testing, there are very few if any problems. Can you really say this after reading other forums here with problems after other carrier releases?
    07-27-08 12:28 PM
    How does the amount of internal memory of devices (a hardware specification) have anything to do with OS releases?!

I am not flaming VZW, I am stating a fact. It is partially not their fault since the CDMA releases are behind the GSM a little bit, but you also have to admit that slowness of firmware upgrades for VZW devices is a known VZW fault. All the VZW users I know make fun of VZW for this reason!

And, yes, the 8330 has more memory... which is nice! And the VZW Curve has EVDO. I am not belittling VZW, but you have to admit they are always a little slow on the software side
    Yes VZW is a bit slow, but gee when they release it after full testing, there are very few if any problems. Can you really say this after reading other forums here with problems after other carrier releases?
    thats the point I was trying to make...VZW may be slow with things, but its near perfection when they do...plus they come out with phones last but they are usually superior to any other
    07-27-08 01:45 PM
    Well you all I've tried it once and had to go back due to my media player not playing my vids at all. I have 4.3 and believe it or not, it really rocks. I know you all have a better looking media player but with the 4.5 51, did they cure the media player bug of not wanting to play 3gp videos???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 02:02 PM
    4.3 does rock, just wait till VZW is testng 4.5
    07-27-08 02:17 PM
    I am with waiting for VZW to release the 4.5 before I try to go there again. I agree with that.
    07-28-08 12:25 PM
    Hello All,

Newbie here!!!

Just bought BB Curve 8330 from Verizon, I use to have Metro PCS. And yes, I ported from Metro to VZW.

I am having trouble with SMS text messages. And it was working until recently. I am able to send texts from the BB VZW, to my metro friends, but I can't receive replys all of a sudden. I have contacted VZM numerous times in reference to this, and now I have a ticket for technical support, which should take up to 72 hrs. to "fix" the problem. Anybody else having this problem??? Are there any suggestions to resolve this issue? Are VZW and metro compatible with text messages? Verizon gives me the impression they are, but, ever since I switched, this has been a nightmare.

Any advice is greatful.

Thanks
    07-28-08 05:12 PM
    Hello All,

Newbie here!!!

Just bought BB Curve 8330 from Verizon, I use to have Metro PCS. And yes, I ported from Metro to VZW.

I am having trouble with SMS text messages. And it was working until recently. I am able to send texts from the BB VZW, to my metro friends, but I can't receive replys all of a sudden. I have contacted VZM numerous times in reference to this, and now I have a ticket for technical support, which should take up to 72 hrs. to "fix" the problem. Anybody else having this problem??? Are there any suggestions to resolve this issue? Are VZW and metro compatible with text messages? Verizon gives me the impression they are, but, ever since I switched, this has been a nightmare.

Any advice is greatful.

Thanks
    Welcome to Crackberry. You really should create a new thread for this issue because it has nothing to do with the original topic. It's good ettiquete to open your own thread vs going off topic on someone else's.
    07-29-08 10:22 AM
    I am with waiting for VZW to release the 4.5 before I try to go there again. I agree with that.
    Same here. I'd rather wait for Verizon to officially release 4.5. Has anyone heard any approximate dates for Verizon to realease it? If it's just a couple more months, I'll gladly hold off, but if we're talking 6 months or more, no way.
    07-29-08 10:24 AM
    Well you all I've tried it once and had to go back due to my media player not playing my vids at all. I have 4.3 and believe it or not, it really rocks. I know you all have a better looking media player but with the 4.5 51, did they cure the media player bug of not wanting to play 3gp videos???

I had the exact same problem you had. Half my vids would not play. Thats why I also went back to 4.3!
    07-30-08 04:08 PM
    That sealed the deal for me I am staying with the current 4.3 thanks guys

07-30-08 04:23 PM
    I just completed the upgrade to 4.5 and it went very smoothly - if anyone was going to have a problem, it would have been me. Just follow bmcclure937's instructions on Page 1 of this thread and you shouldn't have any trouble. It takes a little while and preparation but it goes pretty smooth if you follow the directions. Thank you bmcclure937 for such concise and clear instructions!
    08-10-08 10:02 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD