Anyone that was a Altell customer that was moved to verizon must set up a new voice mail box. Dial *86 to complete set it up. Another reason why I'm not happy with verizon
    03-17-10 03:32 PM
    Of all the Alltel customer complaints I've heard, that one... Wow.

Did you really expect VZW to maintain Alltel legacy infrastructure forever? What am I saying? Of course you did, otherwise why whine about it.
    03-17-10 03:49 PM
    I have not been happy with verizon customer service. You get a different story everytime you call in.
    03-17-10 03:54 PM
    Seriously? It takes two seconds. I did it the minute they released it so there wouldn't be any problems when I went from Alltel to VZW. But! But, I got burned when they wanted to charge more for using my Diamond (out of contract too!) when I changed ESNs. I am upset about that.
    Last edited by MisterObvious; 03-17-10 at 03:58 PM.
    03-17-10 03:55 PM
    Customer service has been asking me to change my Altell contract to a verizon one. I told them NO. One customer rep told me monday that my calls would not drop if I changed to a verizon contract. I went right to a verizon and told the manager my story. They told me they were sorry for a rep telling that.
    03-17-10 04:01 PM
    If you hate it so much, why don't you leave?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 05:12 PM
    My contract is not up until the end of may. I have been shopping around for a great plan but can not find something to match what I have.
    03-17-10 05:24 PM
    Pretty much every aspect of your voicemail will be upgraded when it migrates to Verizon voicemail...

All you have to do is set up a new password and new greeting, which literally takes two minutes...

Kind of a petty thing to complain about, especially when you look at the benefits...
    03-17-10 08:53 PM
    I was with Alltel and couldn't wait to come back to Verizon. Yes they do have a little better plans than Verizon but it was worth it. The phone selection was a huge change.
    03-18-10 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD