I just got a bb8330 I wanted a storm but I had to have a phone to go out of town but now I'm stuck what can I do to get a storm
    05-23-09 03:23 PM
    Use eBay or craigslist to sell your Curve and buy the Storm the same way - through eBay or CL.
    05-23-09 03:24 PM
    I just got a bb8330 I wanted a storm but I had to have a phone to go out of town but now I'm stuck what can I do to get a storm
    If you just got the Curve and are still within your 30 days, you can still change to the storm. Just take this one back and get the storm plus any restock fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:52 PM
    how long have you had your curve
    05-23-09 04:20 PM
    Keep the Curve. You'll be happier in the long run.

05-23-09 05:20 PM
    Keep the Curve. You'll be happier in the long run.

Agreed...It seems a lot of folks on here are like myself and switched from the Storm down to the Curve....frustrating phone
    05-23-09 07:22 PM
    I have only had my Storm for a few days but I really, really like it... I would say the trouble to get one is worth it...

it shouldn't be much trouble to get one now is it still?
    05-23-09 08:07 PM
    The curve or the storm it is a personal preferance thing.
    I sold someone the curve the other day thinking the storm would be too much for the guy, but he played with a friends storm and he came back 3 days later and exchanged it and loves his new storm.
    You have 30 days to return/exchange the phone. Technically the store can charge a restockign fee but typically for doing an exchange they don't. Only on a flat out return.
    When you go to do your exchange just make sure you have your box with you and absolutely everything that came in it.
    Have you sent off your rebate yet? If you have they won't be able to do anything, once the upc has been cut off the box it can't be returned only exchanged in the case that it is defective.
    You should be fine to exchange though, just go back as soon as possible and the phone needs to be in like new condition as well.
    Oh and there should be a huge software update out at the end of this month for the storm so be sure to use your desktop manager (the blue disk in the box) so you will know when you can get that.
    05-24-09 04:50 AM
    If your interested in maybe trading PM me. My storm has no problems and just a couple scratches

05-25-09 03:01 PM
    Which phone would b the better phone in ur opinion the trackball contantly messes up and freezes up all the time would the storm b better
    05-28-09 11:34 AM
    If you are outside your 30 days.. probably would be better to wait for the storm 2...
    05-28-09 03:31 PM
    I know a lot of people that went from the curve to the storm and 90 percent went baclk to the curve. The storm also has the highest return rate of 40 percent. That means they sold a million storms but 400,000 were brought back.

05-28-09 06:28 PM
    I know a lot of people that went from the curve to the storm and 90 percent went baclk to the curve. The storm also has the highest return rate of 40 percent. That means they sold a million storms but 400,000 were brought back.

What is your source for this?

05-28-09 06:34 PM
    What is your source for this?
    That's what I'd like to know - I keep being told it is south of 4%, or about on par with smartphones in general.

So maybe he stuttered on the keyboard - twice?

Posted by the unofficial CrackBerry BS Detector at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:24 AM
    60% of statistics are made up on the spot. or something.. i made that number up

i'd be willing to bet that less than 5% of people who get the storm switch to the curve.
    05-29-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD