Did anyone just get a text from Verizon about upgrading your software on your phone?
    10-16-08 02:56 PM
    Yea, yet the update isn't listed.
    10-16-08 02:57 PM
    Did anyone just get a text from Verizon about upgrading your software on your phone?
    What version are you currently running? I haven't gotten any such txt msg.
    10-16-08 03:16 PM
    Was the message relating to the Blackberry OS, or PRL(*228 Option 2)?

If it was the PRL, many years ago I got one of these messages when I was heavily roaming on Sprint in NYC (way after it was taken out of the PRL).

--IslesFan
    10-16-08 03:43 PM
    i"m running 4.3. The text said:

"FREE VzW Msg. Go to BlackBerry® Software Updates to upgrade your smartphone software to latest VZ Navigator and more. Reply Q to opt out."
    10-16-08 04:04 PM
    I mean really... who is dumb enough to send out a notification email out to the entire customer base, BEFORE they've actually made the download available? Somebody is going to get a "management colonoscopy" over it, I have no doubt.
    10-16-08 04:15 PM
    im on the phone with them now. they just play dumb. this is so silly. it had to cost them money to do this and its for nothing.

this is crap. they are playing dumb like they dont even know they sent out the text. wtf. im begining to look for anouther company to give my money too maybe. this is unheard of.
    10-16-08 04:38 PM
    I was just about to post this myself. I got the text message a few minutes ago:
    FREE VzW Msg. Go to BlackBerry® Software Updates to upgrade your smartphone software to latest VZ Navigator and more. Reply Q to opt out.
    WTF? I'm running 4.5.0.66
    I guess I'll see what's up when I get home and check the website?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 04:40 PM
    Not all Verizon customers got it. I didn't. I did do *228 2 yesterday. I wonder if that was what the email was supposed to be about.

10-16-08 04:44 PM
    I got it this afternoon as well but the software listed is still the same one I am currently running (4.3.0.127). Nothing to do with *228 etc either, I haven't done anything special that could have triggered it.

On the brightside maybe 4.5 is right around the corner. :P
    10-16-08 04:52 PM
    Ok I downloaded it and don't know if I did it right or what. Oye Vey lol!
    10-16-08 05:44 PM
    Downloaded what? Currently it is showing the older 4.3 software. :/

10-16-08 06:11 PM
    yea, I got all excited thinking 4.5 was made official! But then again if u read it carefully, it talks about vz navigator but it gives u the link to the OS updates page. Which still happens to be 4.3... wtf???
    10-16-08 07:17 PM
    So true I got that same text thinking it could be a new upgrade, NOT.

Alicia

10-16-08 11:37 PM
    I didn't get a text

10-16-08 11:41 PM
    I got the text this afternoon and was quite excited. But since there is no update for anything at all, what are they talking about? There is nothing new since the last time I visited, which is quite a bit since I really really want what is promised from the new OS. My girlfriend also has a verizon blackberry and did not get the text. I have done nothing out of the ordinary to prompt such a text.

Did any one reply Q to opt out to see what happens?
    10-17-08 01:43 AM
    i cant even get the vz upgrade.. it says error
    10-17-08 02:26 AM
    Yea I was excited too and I was like dang it! Oh well the wait continues...
    10-17-08 10:12 AM
    I got the now-infamous text and was all excited. Glad I checked here before bothering to try and download anything.
    10-17-08 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD