Ok I am not sure how this whole upgrade and retail purchase things works? I am not eligible for upgrade until next year! My question is if I wanted to buy a Droid could i just buy one @ Full retail or do I have to wait till my upgrade?
    I am on my second Storm and want something more stable!

Thanks
    11-09-09 05:43 PM
    you can buy a new phone every day if you want to pay full retail
    11-09-09 06:07 PM
    you can buy a new phone every day if you want to pay full retail
    Ok So i could go to Verizon store or Bestbuy and buy one @ retail and how do I activate it? Verizon lets u do this? I thought they only let you get a new phone when ur upgrade is up? Sorry to sound so newbie :P
    11-09-09 06:25 PM
    the sales person will be happy to activate it for you. The only thing they make you wait for is "2 year contract pricing"..... you can only get a subsidized price once every 20 months assuming a 2 year contract.... or an annual upgrade if you meet requirements.....

heck they will let you upgrade once an hour if you want to pay full retail all the time
    11-09-09 06:28 PM
    the sales person will be happy to activate it for you. The only thing they make you wait for is "2 year contract pricing"..... you can only get a subsidized price once every 20 months assuming a 2 year contract.... or an annual upgrade if you meet requirements.....

heck they will let you upgrade once an hour if you want to pay full retail all the time
    Ok Coo, I just dont think i can wait for upgrade, This Storm is bugging me, Wat is the retail on Driod? Do u know?
    11-09-09 06:37 PM
    $560 for the Moto Droid
    $470 for the HTC Eris
    11-09-09 06:53 PM
    Wow, someone that wants to pay full retail.......
    11-09-09 11:16 PM
    why don't you see if you can get the annual upgrade first. If you are close to the annual date you may be able to get the upgrade at the 2 year price and just sign a new 2 year contract. But if you want to shell out $$$ for a phone it is your right to do so.
    11-09-09 11:30 PM
    why don't you see if you can get the annual upgrade first. If you are close to the annual date you may be able to get the upgrade at the 2 year price and just sign a new 2 year contract. But if you want to shell out $$$ for a phone it is your right to do so.
    Yeah this is what I do. You can also see if any other phones on your account (assuming it's not just you) and use the upgrade available on THAT line for another one.
    11-12-09 01:40 AM
    if u buy one from amazon for like 150, then how does that work?
    11-14-09 09:35 PM
    Amazon also requires upgrade eligibility to get that price. THEN, if you are late with a payment, reduce any features on the line or make certain changes, they add $200-$300 to your bill.

If you're not eligible for VZW upgrade & new contract, you will pay full price on Amazon too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 10:52 PM
    Try eBay...it's almost always cheaper than full retail. Just make sure it's with NO contract.
    11-14-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD