I've got 5 phones on a family plan and one of my phones is due for an upgrade. I have a Storm 1 and would like to upgrade to a Storm 2. There is a deal on the Shopcrackberry site where Verizon is offering a Storm 2 upgrade for $69.99 with a contract extension. That is the phone I like. I want to stay with the Storm.

Only problem is the Verizon Customer Service won't let me do the deal because my Storm 1 number is not the one up for an upgrade. I've done upgrades like this before when I go into a Verizon store. They let me upgrade as long as one of my phones is eligible. But this deal is only available over the phone.

Any helpful suggestions is welcome. Is someone here a Verizon rep that can cut through the red tape for me?
    02-16-10 11:52 PM
    You either are eligible or you are not. If you have one line that is eligible, that is the line the you would need to upgrade.Which of course afterwards, you can switch to your line. And there is no way a rep here can help you upgrade. And VZW does not honor deals from online 3rd part retailers. Good luck though.
    02-17-10 12:09 AM
    Basically what the Super dude just said.
    02-17-10 01:16 AM
    If you have one line available for upgrade you can do an alternate upgrade and use that lines upgrade for you to get the Storm 2.
    02-17-10 09:15 AM
    Probably only Verizon themselves can let you switch the upgrade between lines, so you would have to go with Verizon's best price, NOT the CB deal.
    02-17-10 10:13 AM
    Yea it's crazy how they are with those rules. I have upgraded different lines in the past and just swapped sim cards to use the new phone with the line that I wanted.
    02-17-10 11:54 AM
    It seems like the cell companies have the better deals for brand new customers. Once they have you, you are no longer eligible for the deals, even if you want to extend your contract. Seems wrong.
    02-17-10 08:36 PM
    It seems like the cell companies have the better deals for brand new customers. Once they have you, you are no longer eligible for the deals, even if you want to extend your contract. Seems wrong.
    All companies do this across many service industries. IE Direct Tv, calbe companies, etc.
    02-17-10 08:50 PM
    Actually, new customers do not get New Every Two and when a current customer is eleigible for an upgrade, they get the same price for the phone as a new customer. Are you thinking that as an existing customer you should be eligible for an upgrade when ever you want? Wrong.
    02-17-10 08:56 PM
    it seems you might have talked to a bad rep involving your upgrade and such. call them again and tell them you have a number on your plan that is eligible for an upgrade and you would like to do an alternate upgrade. If they won't do the alternate upgrade for whatever reason use the eligible line's upgrade and then do an esn change once you have the phone. If you want I can walk you through it if that be the case.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 08:58 PM
    just switch the SIM cards?
    02-17-10 09:02 PM
    just switch the SIM cards?
    VZW is CDMA so they do not use SIM cards.
    02-17-10 09:41 PM
    VZW is CDMA so they do not use SIM cards.
    +1.. listen to this guy as he is spot on. We can do the alternate upgrade but you're not getting the pricing from the 3rd party retailer. Goto the retailer, use the upgrade on the line thats eligible and do an ESN change once you get the phone and there you go. Essentially thats what our alternate upgrade is but our system automates the process so you don't have to manually do it once you get the phone.
    02-17-10 09:45 PM
    Actually, new customers do not get New Every Two and when a current customer is eleigible for an upgrade, they get the same price for the phone as a new customer. Are you thinking that as an existing customer you should be eligible for an upgrade when ever you want? Wrong.
    You're late to the game. Read my original post. I have 5 phones on my plan. One of my phone is eligible for an upgrade, several months overdue infact. I'm not trying to get something I'm not due for.
    02-17-10 10:12 PM
    I Have been looking for hours on here and this is the closest post I have come across...I have an account thru my mother who has it thru a hospital...my son was available for an upgrade and I wanted the storm so I used his upgrade i did the upgrade at My Verizon but had to call CS to get it put back to orig phone, but now I can't get the OTA or My Verizon to take the switch to my line....do I have to call them or is there another way?
    02-17-10 10:37 PM
    I did read your post, thats why I was the first to respond. I was commenting on the above post. Reread my comment

02-17-10 10:52 PM
    you should just call them
    02-17-10 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD