Currently I own an Iphone 4 but since the announcement of the Z10 I have been itching to get my hands on it. My upgrade isnt until November but my father wants to inherit my iphone. So my question is would it be cheaper to add a line to my phone plan and get the z10 and leave my father with the iphone on a family share plan. OR just pay the early upgrade fee and get my phone sooner. In terms of plans though what would be the best as I am looking for a 2 gb data, unlimited text, and minimum amount of minutes on my plan and my father is looking for 1 gb of data, a small amount of texts and a small amount of minutes.
    04-10-13 11:37 AM
    It would be easier if there are figures to calculate with

Posted via CB10
    FASHER likes this.
    04-10-13 11:39 AM
    Currently I own an Iphone 4 but since the announcement of the Z10 I have been itching to get my hands on it. My upgrade isnt until November but my father wants to inherit my iphone. So my question is would it be cheaper to add a line to my phone plan and get the z10 and leave my father with the iphone on a family share plan. OR just pay the early upgrade fee and get my phone sooner. In terms of plans though what would be the best as I am looking for a 2 gb data, unlimited text, and minimum amount of minutes on my plan and my father is looking for 1 gb of data, a small amount of texts and a small amount of minutes.
    Probably would be best to talk to a VZW via phone or store to get what you want.
    04-11-13 01:36 PM
    I'm not sure you could make your proposed changes without significantly altering your plan. Verizon essentially discontinued individual plans* (or at least made them prohibitively expensive) and converted their plans to family-oriented plans. You could end up paying more per month on a new plan if you add a line.

*One little known thing Verizon did that is actually good IMO is they have now have a prepaid plan for $70/month with 2 GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. This plan actually compares favorably to Verizon's individual plans post-unlimited data discontinued. An option could be for you to buy the Z10 at full price and for your father to buy the prepaid plan at $70/month and use your old iPhone 4. In that scenario you keep your current individual plan.
    05-13-13 08:57 PM
    I'm not sure you could make your proposed changes without significantly altering your plan. Verizon essentially discontinued individual plans* (or at least made them prohibitively expensive) and converted their plans to family-oriented plans. You could end up paying more per month on a new plan if you add a line.

*One little known thing Verizon did that is actually good IMO is they have now have a prepaid plan for $70/month with 2 GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. This plan actually compares favorably to Verizon's individual plans post-unlimited data discontinued. An option could be for you to buy the Z10 at full price and for your father to buy the prepaid plan at $70/month and use your old iPhone 4. In that scenario you keep your current individual plan.
    4g late cannot be used on prepaid so you couldn't activate the z10 on prepaid not sure if that was where you were going with it or not

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-13 09:32 AM