I am in a family plan of 5 people right now. My father is the primary line. I have a blackberry tour and my sister has a dumbphone. I want to take her upgrade and get the droid. I would sell my tour and use the proceeds to pay for the droid as well as another dumbphone at retail for her. My question is once I purchase the droid on her line and then transfer it to my line - how do i remove the data plan that will then be added to her line?
    11-28-09 10:22 AM
    I don't think it's that complicated actually. My understanding is that her upgrade would be applied to your line, so no shuffling services around required. If a rep's on and I'm mistaken please chime in, thanks.
    11-28-09 10:25 AM
    okay. keep in mind I would like to do this online since i can get the online discount immediately.
    11-28-09 10:26 AM
    Then you would need to upgrade her line. Activate the device on her line with addition of the data plan. Once this is done, you can move the droid to your line active her new dumbphone and remove the data plan. Keep in mind that phone like the rouge and env3 touch require data plan or price plans that include data. ie connect or premium plans.
    11-28-09 10:31 AM
    well to go more in detail i would be getting the droid and then she would be activating a samsung alias.

i just want to make sure I can 1. have 30 days to go back to a tour and 2. not be charged for a data plan on her line since she wont need one
    11-28-09 10:33 AM
    well to go more in detail i would be getting the droid and then she would be activating a samsung alias.

i just want to make sure I can 1. have 30 days to go back to a tour and 2. not be charged for a data plan on her line since she wont need one
    You can. Once the Droid is off her line so is the data plan. I would go to store and have them help you, so it's not that hard on you.
    11-28-09 10:41 AM
    okay thanks for your help everyone
    11-28-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD