03-24-14 03:47 PM
35 12
tools
    I've been eligible for an upgrade for quite some time, and now it seems as though I have a big decision to make as both the Q10 and Z10 appear to be solid devices. I will confess--I love the convenience of the physical keyboard. I keep reading positive reviews about the Z10 touch keyboard and I'm not opposed to giving a touchscreen device a try. I'm looking for some honest feedback to guide my purchase. Any insight welcomed.!
    07-05-13 10:23 PM
    My sister's got the Q while I've got the zed - both are great, but personally, I prefer the zed of course. Bigger screen, and the keyboard swipes please me enough to not miss a physical keyboard (coming from a 9360)

My sister prefers the Q of course because of the quick actions and shortcuts of the physical keyboard. Though the shortcuts are sorta incomplete at the moment, BlackBerry did say that it would come on future updates.

So it's basically up to you, both are great but it would always be dependent on how the user would use the device.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-05-13 10:34 PM
    I agree with yelmonster here. I would just say do you want a keyboard or not... You can't make a mistake here. I personally have the White Q10 and I love it, I finally got rid of all the ugly VZW branding today with a new bottom piece and finally OEM battery covers are available. I just love a QWERTY keyboard!
    07-05-13 11:49 PM
    I was a die hard BlackBerry keyboard man, but I went to the Z10. I still have a 9930, but hardly use it. I tried an Iphone and the typing experience was horrible. I must say I am thoroughly pleased with the keyboard on the Z10. You will be too. I really like the screen size and the swiping features.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 05:22 AM
    I agree with yelmonster here. I would just say do you want a keyboard or not... You can't make a mistake here. I personally have the White Q10 and I love it, I finally got rid of all the ugly VZW branding today with a new bottom piece and finally OEM battery covers are available. I just love a QWERTY keyboard!
    Did you get another white cover without the branding or did you get the grippy black OEM cover? I was thinking of doing the latter but wasn't sure how the two-tone on the front and back would look.
    07-06-13 02:14 PM
    I am facing the same choice as you. I am upgrading from a dumb phone and have been reviewing the pros and cons of the Q and Z hardware. I barely ever use my cell phone so it is a question of keyboard or screen. I only use the phone to make or take calls when I am away from home. We have another phone service for home. A step up to a smartphone would enable me to have occasional access to the internet but I would rarely even do that.

I am leaning toward the Q for three reasons. I am picky about my accuracy when typing even if I won't be doing that often on the phone. The Q has the larger battery so I won't have to charge it as often. I only have to charge my current phone every couple of weeks. I know I will never get that with the Q, maybe not even a full week. I just don't want to hassle with remembering to charge every day or even every other day. I really don't know what battery life to expect if I barely use the phone. Lastly, I'm drawn the white Q because it looks like no other phone on the market. I'm not interested in having what everyone else has for a phone so I am purposely avoiding Apple and Android.

As for the Z, my eyesight is a bit too borderline to take full advantage of the predictive text that appears over the keyboard. It's a tad too small and takes a bit of extra concentration to focus on the words, the keyboard and the dialog box all at the same time when I don't have to worry about that with the Q. I am not a gamer and will not be a heavy user on the internet with my phone so the Z screen size is not important to me. The Z also looks pretty much looks like every other slab phone on the market. Even the white one looks like an iPhone. There will no mistaking a white Q for any other phone.

The only thing niggling at me is whether or not to be enticed by the A10 but that will be another six months away and I have already had an upgrade available for two years. I did try out a larger Lumia 928 on display and it just felt too big. If BB is aiming even larger then I'm not so sure about something that size, although, it could potentially replace my Playbook tablet.
    Last edited by luddite2; 07-06-13 at 02:50 PM.
    07-06-13 02:34 PM
    I have a zed and I would say get a q10

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:11 PM
    I had the opportunity to play around on both devices today. I must say I really like the feel of the Q10. It might just be because I'm so accustomed to the physical keyboard, but everything feels very natural and comfortable on this device. As for the Z10, I am also impressed. The screen size seems perfect--not too big or too small. I tried to compose a short text message and found that I was a bit frustrated as I was mistyping letters. The swipe up feature is unique, but it seemed to slow me down a bit in terms of typing speed and accuracy. So my question for Z10 users coming from physical keyboards--how long is the learning curve to accurately and efficiently type on the virtual keyboard? Also, is there a way to change the responsiveness of the touchscreen on either device? At times it took a few tries to get to where I wanted to go...
    07-06-13 09:14 PM
    I'm set on getting the Q10. Keyboard and the perfect size/feel. Even, if I have to go to T-Mobile.
    07-17-13 12:59 AM
    Bought the Z10 on launch day February 5th. Bought the Q10 on its launch day too. Took the Q10 back after two days. Once you get used to typing on the Z10 there's really no reason to go back to a physical keyboard. Probably takes a few days to get used to the Z10 KB. BlackBerry are in the enviable position if now having the best typing experience in both form factors. I'm in Canada, and the sooner the US consumer embraces BB10, and stops believing that this new OS is the "old" BBRY the sooner the apps will come and my stock goes up!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:16 AM
    And u should add, if you buy the Z buy the battery charger kit :-)

Swiped on my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.93

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:18 AM
    Depends on the keyboard! Personally I think the Z10 is every bit as good as the Q10 for typing plus you get a better screen that isn't that ghastly 1:1 aspect ratio. Try them both out. If the typing experience is to your liking on the Z10 go for it! Save some money and get arguably the more future proof hardware. Seeing as more and more apps are android ports they don't play nice with that aspect ratio

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-18-13 04:46 PM
    I just ordered a Z10, an upgrade from a 9930. My decision was based on the screen size and the keyboard. Since the keyboard has such good word prediction, and since its a learning keyboard, I expect my speed and accuracy to improve. If it does, I will not miss the physical keyboard at all.

The other phone Iooked at was the HTC One. Beautiful. Sexy. Powerful. But it came down to the keyboard, Besides I avoid google with a passion and android will force me back to google.
    09-09-13 10:41 AM
    Z10 has a well-built virtual keyboard, but it needs adaptation. Q10 has the best physical keyboard, but it has a smaller screen. Simple comment. Lol

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    09-09-13 10:58 AM
    I really don't understand why anyone would get a Z10. If one wants or can tolerate a touch screen keyboard, why on earth wouldn't they get a phone with countless more areas of functionality, like an iPhone or Android?
    09-09-13 02:44 PM
    Double post! My bad
    Last edited by enik; 12-04-13 at 02:00 PM.
    12-03-13 09:09 PM
    I've been eligible for an upgrade for quite some time, and now it seems as though I have a big decision to make as both the Q10 and Z10 appear to be solid devices. I will confess--I love the convenience of the physical keyboard. I keep reading positive reviews about the Z10 touch keyboard and I'm not opposed to giving a touchscreen device a try. I'm looking for some honest feedback to guide my purchase. Any insight welcomed.!
    If I were you I'd get the Q10 to many posts of Z10 troubles.
    ggastaris likes this.
    12-03-13 10:45 PM
    I really don't understand why anyone would get a Z10. If one wants or can tolerate a touch screen keyboard, why on earth wouldn't they get a phone with countless more areas of functionality, like an iPhone or Android?
    Hub
    Peek
    Active Frames (true multi-tasking)
    Better virtual keyboard
    Bridge with PlayBook
    Security
    Better screen
    User replaceable battery
    LED indicator

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    12-03-13 11:04 PM
    Z10. SAMOLED displays are a fail. Not bright enough in daylight and to dark at night. Also worth considering the Q5 if your into physical keyboards. I'm not but if I was I'd like my keys a little more spaced apart then the cramped looking Q10.

BB10 or Bust!
    12-03-13 11:27 PM
    Because you may want a better multitasking experience or you value the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:01 PM
    I love my z10 I know 4 people who had q10 and hated it 3 went to iPhone.....

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:15 AM
    I wanted the physical keyboard but I bought the Z10. I figured it was compatible with more apps, especially the Android apps. I've had no problems with the virtual keyboard.
    Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:56 PM
    Did you try the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:14 AM
    Some people prefer BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-12-13 11:20 AM
    I have a Q no regrets here best phone

Posted via WHT Q10
    03-09-14 06:44 PM
35 12