Hey All,

I'm not currently a BlackBerry user but looking very forward to hopfully becoming one with the Storm 2. I have tried it in the store and like it a lot. They all seem like very nice phones. There is only a small problem, my contract. I'm looking for any opinions or suggestions.

I currently have a Casio G'Zone One Boulder (2nd version). I originally had the first version where the phone didn't have the speaker up front. I had problems with that phone where it started restarting itself multiple times a day sometimes. We took it in February(I believe) to get it replaced. It wasn't any problem and they did the swap in store. Now just recently I have been having similar and new problems with my current one. It has restarted randomly in the middle of VZW Navigator reading directions, while playing music, before sending a message(when this happens it restarts before it sends the message every time, annoying!!), and also while playing games. Once I even just flipped the screen down and it restarted, so I don't know whats going on. This happens at least once a day during one of those. The battery lock nob has chipped a small piece off and it doesn't go up to the lock position leaving the battery very close to the unlock position and the battery just barely hanging on. The microSD care slot also won't recognize the card unless it is held in it, it doesn't click in anymore. I'm really not making all this up, these are actual reacquiring problems I'm having daily.

I have also noticed on their website they only list my phone without the camera now, and I use the camera often. It also last I checked says Out of Stock.

I have not excessively abused the phone or putting it through tests or anything. It has just taken a normal daily beating where the clip falls off my side or a drop from the table and the occasional rain shower when it gets a little wet. But it is supposedly meant to handle this.

My question is if I call Verizon phone support what do you think the chances are of them letting me upgrade to the Storm 2? My contract is eligible for the New Every 2 Year discounting in May 2010. If we call in and explain the problems we are experiencing and how it would be my third phone of this model and how I'm really getting annoyed and upset with my current phone how likely are they to allow it. I'm not the primary line and nobody else is eligible for upgrade either. We have been customers for almost 8 years and pretty good on paying the bill on time.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-02-09 01:04 AM
    You can either get that phone fixed - possibly under warranty - or see if you are eligible for an annual upgrade. But that won't be until probably February.

Or you can call 611 & ask.

Here, you'll get 15 different answers - possibly none correct, based on your situation.
    11-02-09 01:23 AM
    You can do what you want... call, go to the store. Ask nicely and depending on the person you might get the benefit of the doubt and they'll hook you up.
    Personally, I wait till my date because I dont like to run around and whine about my entitlement to a new phone.
    I have to wait till april and I'm happy to do so because then at least whatever glitches the phone DOES have, will be resolved. Although this phone is an improvement over the 1st.
    OP be aware that asking a question like this has been posed so many times here that store reps, call center reps, ect are very sensative about the subject and may not take it well. I'm personally tired of the question but I'm in a good mood today.
    11-02-09 08:14 AM
    My husband has the Boulder through work. He is on his second one, and I've noticed in the past, when something goes wrong and he needs another phone (not in stock), they give him a similar phone to what he has. He has never received a better phone than the current one, it's always a cheapie.

You can try, you would only be losing some time.
    11-02-09 08:20 AM
    Hey All,

I'm not currently a BlackBerry user but looking very forward to hopfully becoming one with the Storm 2. I have tried it in the store and like it a lot. They all seem like very nice phones. There is only a small problem, my contract. I'm looking for any opinions or suggestions.

I currently have a Casio G'Zone One Boulder (2nd version). I originally had the first version where the phone didn't have the speaker up front. I had problems with that phone where it started restarting itself multiple times a day sometimes. We took it in February(I believe) to get it replaced. It wasn't any problem and they did the swap in store. Now just recently I have been having similar and new problems with my current one. It has restarted randomly in the middle of VZW Navigator reading directions, while playing music, before sending a message(when this happens it restarts before it sends the message every time, annoying!!), and also while playing games. Once I even just flipped the screen down and it restarted, so I don't know whats going on. This happens at least once a day during one of those. The battery lock nob has chipped a small piece off and it doesn't go up to the lock position leaving the battery very close to the unlock position and the battery just barely hanging on. The microSD care slot also won't recognize the card unless it is held in it, it doesn't click in anymore. I'm really not making all this up, these are actual reacquiring problems I'm having daily.

I have also noticed on their website they only list my phone without the camera now, and I use the camera often. It also last I checked says Out of Stock.

I have not excessively abused the phone or putting it through tests or anything. It has just taken a normal daily beating where the clip falls off my side or a drop from the table and the occasional rain shower when it gets a little wet. But it is supposedly meant to handle this.

My question is if I call Verizon phone support what do you think the chances are of them letting me upgrade to the Storm 2? My contract is eligible for the New Every 2 Year discounting in May 2010. If we call in and explain the problems we are experiencing and how it would be my third phone of this model and how I'm really getting annoyed and upset with my current phone how likely are they to allow it. I'm not the primary line and nobody else is eligible for upgrade either. We have been customers for almost 8 years and pretty good on paying the bill on time.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Although nothing can be promised or guaranteed, and as always, your experience may vary (right LOL?), there is a very good chance that a rep would allow an upgrade to a data device even if you are not eligible for an early upgrade. Most reps are more than happy to get a customer in to a data device any chance they can get.
    11-02-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD