I currently have a VZW Curve 8330, and I love it. I'm eligible for an upgrade now but nothing really grabs me. Are there any VZW BB's coming out soon that are must haves? Will there ever be a touch screen slider with a QWERTY keyboard? Should I just hold onto my Curve? Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 07:14 PM
    To my mind the best course is buying what is in the store today. Otherwise hold on. New models are coming but until they are in the store they are only rumors.

In your instance holding on a bit might be best.

05-01-10 07:50 PM
    If you can wait a few weeks, a hot new BB is coming, the 9650 Bold, which will have a full keyboard, 512 MB mem (most ever on a BB), wifi, GPS, "world phone" (meaning CDMA & GSM radios), upgradable to the coming OS 6.0. Also the touch screen 9550 Storm2 is pretty good, and is available now, has all that the 9650 has except no physical keyboard and only 256 MBs mem. A bit further out (couple months????) is the 9670 Flip, full qwerty flip BB, stats not known yet.

PS I moved the thread to the Verizon Forum.
    05-01-10 07:59 PM
    I agree with pk the new bold should be here shortly,but if not the storm 2 is great. I enjoy my storm 2 and its the best phone that i have had yet. I have been through a bunch of phones within months and this is the only one I have been able to hold on to for longer then 6 months.
    05-01-10 08:46 PM
    What about this 9800 slider I've been reading about? Is this all rumor? Or is this phone coming out this year?

05-01-10 08:51 PM
    Swing for the 9650 if you can wait a few weeks...

I believe this will be the first "Bold" to grace the Big V, and judging by the specs, it's going to leave the T-Mobile and AT&T Bolds in the dust.
    05-01-10 10:09 PM
    What about this 9800 slider I've been reading about? Is this all rumor? Or is this phone coming out this year?

It's not know yet which carriers are getting the sliders, there are some rumors, but nothing solid yet. It's possible.
    05-01-10 10:51 PM
    But is expected this year? If so I'll just hold onto my Curve till the slider comes out. Any ideas at all? 3 months? 6?

05-01-10 11:06 PM
    I wouldn't expect the slider on CMDA networks "this year".
    05-02-10 08:24 AM
    The one issue with the slider style of Blackberrys is by design, they usually have that sure type keyboard as the Pearl series uses. They use it to conserve space as it's difficult to cram a QWERTY keyboard onboard.

I know some people like the sure type keyboard but there is definetly a learning curve to using it.

05-02-10 07:31 PM
    If you want a BlackBerry I would wait for the Bold 9650!

05-02-10 10:25 PM
    If you want a BlackBerry I would wait for the Bold 9650!

I second that!
    05-03-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD