I am debating here between keeping my Curve (which I really like but I am looking for something different, got the Curve after having the Pearl), doing an early upgrade (my gf and I need to switch our plan to a family share and we are both up for early upgrades before we switch it) to the Storm (BOGO) or waiting for the CDMA Bold or Flip berry. I use my phone for personal email, organization, lots of web use, games (Soduku mainly) and calls/texts. I kinda wanted to get away from a data package but I admit I am a fully addicted crackberry user now. I am worried about the "stableness" and durability of the storm. I want to get the touchscreen but I don't like having no buttons in case of screen error/breakage. I have had my eye on the Bold for quite some time and the new flip berry. Both seem really cool in their own aspect but are just like the past 2 phones I have had (Curve and Pearl). Should there be anything that really holds me back from diving into the Storm right now vs waiting? Any real big problems with the Storm? I find that I am charging my Curve everyday during the work week but a full charge lasts the whole weekend, how is this compared to the Storm? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    03-02-09 09:28 AM
    I would say the only problem w/ the storm is the somewhat sluggy .75. Obviously there are leaked OS's that make it better. It's all up to you though
    03-02-09 05:38 PM
    I would say the only problem w/ the storm is the somewhat sluggy .75. Obviously there are leaked OS's that make it better. It's all up to you though
    Yea the leaks help much. However the Storm is not for everyone. Some BB fans prefer the physical keyboard and can not get used to the touch screen. I suggest you check out the Storm in the store first.
    03-02-09 06:43 PM
    Try it out, return it if you don't like it and go back to your old phone.

It actually relies quite heavily on the 4 buttons along the bottom, so don't let that deter you.

I was so psyched to get the Storm (still testing it) but I really really don't like it now--just not practical for me. I plan on getting a Curve from eBay and saving my upgrade for the Niagara.
    03-03-09 03:18 PM
    I love the Storm, but like others have said the touch screen keyboard takes a while to get used to, especially if you relied heavily on a physical keyboard like I did.

My wife is looking to upgrade in the next month or so and we are in the same predicament, except that she doesn't want a Storm. So it is either get the current Curve or wait for the new Bold or Curve equivalent.
    03-03-09 10:34 PM
    I'm in the same position. I have a curve that is dying but still is mostly functioning properly(standbye key doesn't work anymore)my dad has the storm. Its just alright by me. Waiting for niagra, hope it's all its cracked up to be...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:52 PM
    Love my storm. It's a little sluggy, but that really doesn't bother me. the screen is crisp and fresh.

I type just as fast as I did on my other BB's. especially if you had the Pearl, with the SureType, it was a breeze.
    03-06-09 11:54 AM
    I don't think they should call the Storm touch screen phone. The screen is a big button. Should call it big button phone. I returned mine 2 weeks after the release date. Went for the iphone and never look back.
    03-06-09 02:48 PM
    Avoid the Storm. So much potential.... wasted....

Applications and features on this monster is fantastic. Totally unlocked GPS, stereo blue tooth, etc, etc, pretty much everything you would want except wifi. But they managed to screw it all up by half assing the case. I dont care what people say if you see light leaking out cracks and can see the innards of an electronic device because of the bigass crack then its not built well... at all.

Oh and the OS.... oh dear god the OS.... even with the beta OS is a little sluggish. And if it goes wrong and somehow bricks have fun trying to argue your case against VZ or RIM.....

I would hold out for Nigi. Or at least another month or two to see what other smartphone offerings they will have.
    03-07-09 05:10 AM
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 04-27-09 at 09:10 PM.
    03-07-09 10:53 AM
    I would do the BOGO deal myself, then sell both the Storms and go back to my Curve!
    03-07-09 10:56 AM
    What in the world is this?
    04-25-09 10:47 PM
    spam. will a mod please delete it?
    04-25-09 11:14 PM
    The Storm's not bad, it's just a pain in the *** to type on. However, if there really IS going to be a Storm 2 in the fall... if you can wait, then wait.
    04-25-09 11:32 PM
    It was taken care of folks! (Someone beat me too it!) And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Gracias Dad!
    04-25-09 11:54 PM