I currently have a phone that has many problems, and I really want to get a new one. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May, but I was wondering if Verizon would ever let a customer push it up? Or if that is even possible? Thanks
    02-18-10 02:15 PM
    Generally, no, but it really depends who you talk to. I know the marketing dept will let you do it within 30 days of your eligible upgrade date.
    02-18-10 02:22 PM
    Depending on the issue and account standing, I have changed upgrades dates. Try emailing them.
    02-18-10 03:17 PM
    How far along are you into your contract? If you are past 20 months then you are already eligible.

Please provide more information so we can help you.
    02-18-10 03:42 PM
    Just ask and support your reason for wanting to move your date up. I told them I was a loyal customer for 12 yrs. and pay on avg. $200/mo. and brought my wife, son, sis. and bro.-in-laws as customers and they had no reason not to bump my date up by 4 months.
    02-18-10 04:07 PM
    I'm only 10 months into the contract but the phone has already had MANY problems, and I'm very willing to sign another 2 year contract.
    02-18-10 04:13 PM
    I'm only 10 months into the contract but the phone has already had MANY problems, and I'm very willing to sign another 2 year contract.
    IF tech cannot fix the phone and there is no physical or liquid damge, they will replace phone under warr. Provided the the device was purchased from VZW
    02-18-10 04:21 PM
    So are you the Primary number? Because 10 months into a contract does not make you eligible for an upgrade in May.
    02-18-10 04:40 PM
    May doesnt sound right @ all but call and explain your issue, they may replace the phone for free
    02-18-10 04:51 PM
    If tech support can NOT fix your problem then you will be issued a replacement device.

If you signed another 2 yr contract you would only be extending your current contract by 10 months. Not what VZW wants bc you just got a phone for well over 50% off the retail price twice in one year.
    02-18-10 04:55 PM
    You might be eligible for an annual upgrade at your 12 months mark. What phone do you have that is causing all the trouble? What problems are you experiencing?
    02-18-10 06:39 PM
    Sometimes when you are moving from a feature phone in to a smart phone (and the 30 per month data plan) verizon has some incentive to move up your upgrade date. Doesn't hurt to ask either way, worst they can say is no.
    02-18-10 06:39 PM
    Oh good point PK...
    02-18-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD