It has to be possible.......

I have 4 lines, 2 due for an upgrade.

I bought the iPhone 4 when it came out so I'm obviously fresh in a contract. I want to buy the 4s and give my girlfriend my 4. I assume that if I simply transfer one of the upgrades I will be entering a new contract with the 2GB cap and so will she when I give her my phone.

Isn't there an "old school" way of doing it? Can I order the phone on her line, activate it, deactivate it, then activate mine on her line, then the new 4s on mine. Wouldn't I keep my current contract?
    10-05-11 09:10 PM
    As long as you are not taking a smartphone off of a line that line will keep unlimitied data.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-05-11 10:32 PM
    You can transfer the upgrade to your line on My Verizon allowing you to keep your unlimited data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 11:59 PM
    Wouldn't it be faster and easier to call them and ask than to start a thread here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 11:45 AM
    Wouldn't it be faster and easier to call them and ask than to start a thread here?
    Absolutely NOT...

Took me about a minute to type my question, and another 30 seconds to check for two very helpful responses and one "typical" response. Pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near an answer in that amount of time. This thread is titled Verizon Wireless, probably every question ever asked here could be answered by calling them.

Thanks very much for the help.
    10-06-11 05:37 PM
    Yes you can do any of these things as long as you don't remove the smartphone from the line you are upgrading. I upgraded a BB Tour to a Bionic (different phones and different network technologies) using an upgrade from a different line. I got to keep unlimited data, so all the things people were worried about being burned over were a wash. As long as you go from smartphone to smartphone you are good.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    10-12-11 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD